What are my chances for FM doing both matches?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLdoc2be

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all, DO student here.... my stats are: no USMLE, 479 COMLEX Level 1 and 440 COMLEX Level 2 on first attempt.

my question is if I should do AOA or ACGME match (and if so how many in each)... basically my q's are:

1. can i rank my top 2-3 programs in the AOA/NMS match and the remaining 12-13 in the ACGME/NRMP match if I don't match AOA?

2. if i don't match in my top 2-3 that i put in AOA, can i still rank those same programs in the ACGME match (since they are participating in both) ??

3. given my below average scores, is it wise for me to only rank my top 2-3 programs in AOA match and then use ACGME (if i don't match AOA) to rank ~12 (or all 15 assuming i can rank the ones I put on AOA again) or would you recommend adding more programs to my AOA rank list?

Thank you for any input!!

Members don't see this ad.

btw I searched through the different sub-forums on this site...if this thread is supposed to belong elsewhere please let me know, wasn't sure exactly where to post it but appreciate any input on people who've done the match already. thanks