What are my chances for MD? 3.45cGPA 510 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

js2698

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA- 3.45

sGPA- 3.32 With moderate upward trend

MCAT- 510 (126/129/128/127)

State of Residence- Louisiana

Ethnicity and Gender- White Male

Undergraduate Institution- Public State University

Clinical Experience-Employment as a rehabilitation hospital tech (85 hours) (Oct 2020-Jan 2021)-Worked under the direction of physical and occupational therapists in a 27 bed rehabilitation hospital. Duties included helping patients with activities of daily living, assisting patients and therapists to perform prescribed exercises, transporting patients from hospital room to therapy gym, and keeping gym clean.

Hospice volunteering Feb 2021- present(Will have around 80 hours at application and is a continuing activity)

-Welcome patients’ families into hospice reception area and direct them to patient rooms. Answer any questions that a patients’ family has. Makes sure coffee and snacks are always available. Help nursing staff with odd jobs that need done.

Hospital Volunteering (will have 50 hours once done)

Just started hospital volunteering gig through a program where I commit 50 hours over 3 months.

Non-Clinical-Set up a station at a low income clinic to help people sign up for information on healthy eating and local options for a healthy lifestyle. Part of an initiative created by the mayor. 25 hours. May-July 2019.

Food bank (December 2020-present)- Will have around 40-50 hours when I apply. Helped sort and pack food. Also helped with administrative tasks.

Research-Just started a non paid research assistant position at my universities’ psychology department. Lab is a neuropsychology lab studying cognition and disorders like ADHD. Committed around 5-10 hours a week and plan to continue.

Shadowing-40 hours shadowing a primary care physician

Leadership-Organized a food drive and received over $500 in donations from friends and family. Provided over 100 meals and 300 loads of laundry detergent to low income seniors and veterans. 15 hours.

Special Interests-In my personal statement I discussed my desire to go into primary care.

School List-
LSU Shreveport
LSU NOLA
Albany
Vermont
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Frank Netter Quinnipiac
Possible DO Schools
Need help with school list

Members don't see this ad.

You could add these MD schools:
TCU-UNT
Creighton
NOVA MD
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
ACOM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM

You could add these MD schools:
TCU-UNT
Creighton
NOVA MD
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Also apply to DO schools and I suggest these:
ACOM
VCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
Do you think I have a decent shot at an acceptance?