MD What are my chances for MD schools ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batman's Dr.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT score back and I got the same score as my previous attempt. First attempt 509: 124/129/126/130 --> 509 125/127/127/130......
A bit more of an even distribution than last time but I was EXTREMELY disappointed in myself for the drop in CARS and I thought I did a little better in CP but whatever.
I am currently about to embark on an SMP journey to remediate my ****ty ass GPA (pretty strong upward trend tho). The SMP is reputable and has a guaranteed interview.

3.01 SGPA
3.23 CGPA (~3.8 GPA in my last two years)

ECS are as follows
Scribing
480 hours
Bio TA:
340 hours
Research
170 hours
Patient Transporter:
400 hours

And then I had some other volunteering hours in between then.

Basically my question is, do yall think I would have a decent shot at MD schools if I kill my SMP?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could receive interviews at some MD schools if you do well in a SMP (3.6+ GPA). Your best chances will be at DO schools.

You could receive interviews at some MD schools if you do well in a SMP (3.6+ GPA). Your best chances will be at DO schools.
Thank you for your response. Would you recommend retaking the MCAT then ? I know its kind of risky for a third try. But DO is not something I want to fall back on at this point in time. (Nothing wrong with DOs at all, just my personal preference)

Thank you for your response. Would you recommend retaking the MCAT then ? I know its kind of risky for a third try. But DO is not something I want to fall back on at this point in time. (Nothing wrong with DOs at all, just my personal preference)
You could retake the MCAT at some time in the future but do not retake unless your practice scores are consistently 514+. Increasing your score by 1 or 2 points does not improve your chances since schools expect an improvement on multiple tries (which you failed to do on your 2nd attempt).

Reactions: 1 users
You could retake the MCAT at some time in the future but do not retake unless your practice scores are consistently 514+. Increasing your score by 1 or 2 points does not improve your chances since schools expect an improvement on multiple tries (which you failed to do on your 2nd attempt).
Makes sense thank you so much!