What are my chances for MSUCOM DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbsam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
CGPA: 3.8 SGPA: 3.9

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Retake MCAT and apply next cycle. That MCAT is just too low to be competitve for MSUCOM. Also, it depends a lot on your exposure to oseteopathic med. Also also, are in IS or OOS?

I am a Canadian. I was hoping the Canadian initiative would at least get me an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
They only take 20-25 students. And you are going to be competing with some really strong canadien students for those (MCATs in the 30's, as evidenced by MSUCOM threads from previous years) and I don't think your MCAT will cut it. Did you already apply?

If you don't mind me asking, have you been accepted into a DO school already? No I have not applied yet. Do they not look at your experiences and achievements as well? Also, do you know the average GPA of Canadians from previous cycles?

I have not, I am in the middle of the app cycle right now. Also, no offense, but the way you phrase things makes it seem as though you have not done a ton of research about MSUCOM. They highly suggest people wanting to get in through the canadian initiative apply when it opens in May. You won't even be verified + complete until Sept. which is late in the game. I don't know exactly for MSUCOM, but in general canadians getting into US schools have much higher stats than a US student getting into a US school. Contact an admissions rep, but in general I think you're late to the party.

Reactions: 1 user