what are my chances for the 06 cycle?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyside77

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
its mid Jan. already and i've only heard from one school. i'm starting to feel anxious :scared: can you guys help and tell me what my chances are from your experience?
here are my stats:
Major: Electrical engineering
AADSAS application sent out: Nov. 28th
GPA/SCI/BCP: 3.74/3.81/3.85
DAT: 19/19/16 :(
Applield: BU, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UB, Stonybrook, Upenn
Interview: Tufts (feb. 6th)
Reject: Columbia :thumbdown:
i was pretty confident about my gpa, but with a significant increase this year i'm not anymore, especially with my DAT score. :( i'm also international so i kinda already gave up on stonybrook and UB. my top choice would be Upenn, can anybody tell me what chance do i have? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you're definitely competitive, the only downside is that your app didnt go out until nov. 28th, whereas most people had their apps go out in aug and sept. if you dont get in this cycle, you would most likely get in next cycle if you apply earlier. i dont know what the chances are now though, late applications seem to be a toss-up. best of luck to you!

here is what you should do:

you need to know who's interviewing you on feb 2nd. after the interview, send them 2 letters. one for the dean of student affairs (say how cool the school is because of blah blah blah and how these factors would be a good match for your blah blah blah). the other for the person who will have interviewed you. in both letters indicate that Tufts is your top choice and give reasons for that. do not hesitate to say that tufts is your top choice. send the two letters in one big USPS EXPRESS Mail envelope. this will give them the impression that you're very interested in getting into their school. the 2 letters and the expressmail envelope (it will get there the next day) will make you stand out among other applicants who are conisdering Tufts a back up school....after sending the letters, let a day or 2 pass and then send an e-mail saying that you wanna know whether they received your letters. i;e ...after these letters and the e-mail, the whole office will know your name....which is good

good luck

by the way, i am in the same boat as you are....i am still hopefull

Members don't see this ad :)
sunnyside77 said:
its mid Jan. already and i've only heard from one school. i'm starting to feel anxious :scared: can you guys help and tell me what my chances are from your experience?
here are my stats:
Major: Electrical engineering
AADSAS application sent out: Nov. 28th
GPA/SCI/BCP: 3.74/3.81/3.85
DAT: 19/19/16 :(
Applield: BU, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UB, Stonybrook, Upenn
Interview: Tufts (feb. 6th)
Reject: Columbia :thumbdown:
i was pretty confident about my gpa, but with a significant increase this year i'm not anymore, especially with my DAT score. :( i'm also international so i kinda already gave up on stonybrook and UB. my top choice would be Upenn, can anybody tell me what chance do i have? thanks!

It's a good thing that you are hearing from Tufts as they claim they have a 90% acceptance rate when you get an interview. Don't stress out.

fightingspirit said:
here is what you should do:

you need to know who's interviewing you on feb 2nd. after the interview, send them 2 letters. one for the dean of student affairs (say how cool the school is because of blah blah blah and how these factors would be a good match for your blah blah blah). the other for the person who will have interviewed you. in both letters indicate that Tufts is your top choice and give reasons for that. do not hesitate to say that tufts is your top choice. send the two letters in one big USPS EXPRESS Mail envelope. this will give them the impression that you're very interested in getting into their school. the 2 letters and the expressmail envelope (it will get there the next day) will make you stand out among other applicants who are conisdering Tufts a back up school....after sending the letters, let a day or 2 pass and then send an e-mail saying that you wanna know whether they received your letters. i;e ...after these letters and the e-mail, the whole office will know your name....which is good

good luck

by the way, i am in the same boat as you are....i am still hopefull

Thanks for your advice and i really appreciate that! i think sending in thank you letters after the interview is a great idea. but wouldnt sending in two letters in express mail be kind of too desperate? or they actually would like that?

okay.

i sent my aadsas out mid-July and still only heard from one school.

i see your post and it makes me worry even more

Man you people have some sick stats and your not getting. I'm about to faint. SDN scares the crap outta me. And i'm applying next cycle.

iviikoivi said:
okay.

i sent my aadsas out mid-July and still only heard from one school.

i see your post and it makes me worry even more

I'm sorry if i worried you more. i'm just worried b/c people on SDN have some really good stats and are doing so well. i'm also worried b/c i'm international and applied late. i just really hope most of those people who posted their stats are among the best applicants of this cycle!