What are my chances for the University of Utah?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_gent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only applied to 4 schools this round, but really I just want to go to the University of Utah. I am a Utah resident and really want that in-state tuition. If I don't get accepted to this school I might just turn down the other schools because my fiance has a really good paying job that we'd like to keep for another year if I don't get accepted to Utah. Then I would reapply the next round for any schools.

So, the question is, am I being naive to put all my hopes into just one school?

Here's my stats:
3.98 GPA
3.97 science GPA
24 AA
25 TS
62 shadowing hours
200+ volunteer hours

Any comments and/or advice would be highly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted August 8th. Every other school has received my application except for Utah. Hopefully that's any day now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your chances are great. Just prepare for next cycle if you do plan on withdrawing your acceptances. Continue shadowing and volunteering, but I think you don't have to worry about re applying.

It's super competitive. There's no gutantee for anyone given the small class size. You fit the stats so it's not a crapshoot...given you are a resident of Utah. I'm assuming you are.