MD What are my chances for these two schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kpw101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After long consideration and discussing with my parents and family, I've decided to ED to one of these two state schools for various personal reasons. What are my chances?

RWJMS
NJMS

1. 3.7 cGPA 3.75-3.8 sGPA
  2. 519 132/127/130/130
  3. NJ resident
  4. Non-URM
  5. State school undergrad
  6. 150-200 Hours as a volunteer EMT by application time
  7. 200+ hours of research in a neuroscience lab by application time. (not banking on a publication)
  8. 60 hours with a Pediatrician
  9. Not a lot of non clinical volunteering
  10. During my gap year research, work, and EMT will be ongoing. Been working part time as a bartender/server at a chain restaurant for two years. Intramural Basketball throughout college. Private tutor at my undergraduate school for Bio/Chem/Orgo/Physics.
  11. Dean's list all but 1 semester. Two small merit scholarships, a couple academic excellence awards from my school.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the dynamics of ED, but you look outstanding. Don't forget the other NJ schools.
Thank you for the input Goro! I will definitely do a lot more research into all the NJ schools before I make a final decision.

For ED make sure you meet with a dean or get the green light from someone on admissions. At my state school everyone I know that applied there had met with the admissions dean beforehand and had been told they were a good ED candidate. Even then not all of them were accepted ED.