What are my chances for this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

milkymonster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AAAHHHH.....:(

I feel soooooo depressed thesedays.
I applied 17 schools and already got two "application denied" (Case and Marquette). Here's my stat.

Application submitted to AADSAS on 10/09

DAT scores

First Second
BIO 17 21
GC 20 19
OG 20 19
RC 14 17
QR 21 29
PAT 21 24
TS 19 20
AA 18 21

BS/MS in Statistics

GPA(under) : 3.0
GPA(Master): 3.5
BCP GPA : 3.15
SCIENCE GPA: 3.14

Shadowing and a personal dental assistance for abour one year.

Please, guys....Please give me some bitter or sweet advises.

My dream school is BU or NYU. Do you guys think that I can still dream about it?
I can't sleep anymore...AAHHHH...
Sorry for sad posting...bujt I need your opinions..:)

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry, your DAT is really good. Your GPA is not so great but you do have a masters. The late application will hurt you a little but I think with your stats you have a good chance at NYU :) And its very good that you applied to a lot of schools

late application will hurt you for sure. that being said, your dat scores will get you into a dental school. nyu interviews till april, i believe. so there is time.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should email the schools and let them know you really want to go there. It helps sometimes. You're DATs are awesome, you're GPA is a little iffy but you should be fine. Just keep in touch with every school. I don't see why you shouldn't get in! :)

you should email the schools and let them know you really want to go there. It helps sometimes. You're DATs are awesome, you're GPA is a little iffy but you should be fine. Just keep in touch with every school. I don't see why you shouldn't get in! :)

Your might get a couple interviews with those DAT scores. But you just applied late. I bet you would have an offer if you applied early.

you should email the schools and let them know you really want to go there. It helps sometimes. You're DATs are awesome, you're GPA is a little iffy but you should be fine. Just keep in touch with every school. I don't see why you shouldn't get in! :)

who would you e-mail to? and how would you approach telling them this? :confused:
thanks

nice DAT. Holy #^#@ nice QR score. If it wasn't for a late application you probably would have gotten into numerous schools assuming everything else in your application is happy!

Thanks guys...today, one more rejection from Meharry. Grrrrrrr~~

14 mores to go. Hopefully, interviews from my dream schools..:)

I`ll keep my head up. Thanks!