What are my chances given my academic history?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayneWilliamsPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what are my chances of getting into DO school as I recently just made a career track transition. The main concern I have is the number of times I've re-taken classes. I have re-taken both Chem 1 and Calculus twice to get an "A". I also have a C in Physics 1. My stats and EC's are as follows:
3.7 UGPA
3.5SGPA
MCAT: 30 (10-9-11)
Employment: Student Assistant in Pathology( 3 years), Research Tech( 1 year)
* I was also able to get my name on a research paper with a professor.
EC'S: Habitat for Humanity volunteer two years, Muscle Dystrophy Assoc camp counselor 2 years, Peer Tutor for 3 years and a mentor for at risk children for 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances are very very good. Better than me and a lot of people here (not speaking for them but...)

How do you think my number of re-takes will be viewed. I had a rocky start with a family death and my parents temporarily separating?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people retook half of their science courses and got in.

Reactions: 1 user
Grade replacement is there for a reason. You sir, did a great job taking advantage of it.

:highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
I say you have a 92.45% chance of matriculation.
Not true, he has nearly 100% in my book (unless he applies to one school only and doesn't submit secondaries to it, leading to a 0% chance of making it in) ;)

I have a much, MUCH lower GPA and MCAT than you and was accepted to LUCOM and LECOM-Seton Hill. You, OP, will be fine.

Not true, he has nearly 100% in my book (unless he applies to one school only and doesn't submit secondaries to it, leading to a 0% chance of making it in) ;)

I have a much, MUCH lower GPA and MCAT than you and was accepted to LUCOM and LECOM-Seton Hill. You, OP, will be fine.

well anybody can get accepted to LUCOM if he/she believes...
(I'm just kidding)

Reactions: 1 users
well anybody can get accepted to LUCOM if he/she believes...
(I'm just kidding)
Hahaha I wish, last year I was rejected at LUCOM, God as my witness!

Reactions: 2 users
Double post.

Last edited: