Dec 17, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I would like to know what are my chances of getting into DO school as I recently just made a career track transition. The main concern I have is the number of times I've re-taken classes. I have re-taken both Chem 1 and Calculus twice to get an "A". I also have a C in Physics 1. My stats and EC's are as follows:
3.7 UGPA
3.5SGPA
MCAT: 30 (10-9-11)
URM: Black Male
Employment: Student Assistant in Pathology( 3 years), Research Tech( 1 year)
* I was also able to get my name on a research paper with a professor.
EC'S: Habitat for Humanity volunteer two years, Muscle Dystrophy Assoc camp counselor 2 years, Peer Tutor for 3 years and a mentor for at risk children for 2 years.

DesertPT

7+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist
There is a "What are my chances" sub-forum in the Pre-DO forum where you are going to get a lot more help, just FYI.

Oct 11, 2012
NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Second the post above. Though I believe that you have a great shot, and not just at DO (depending on your GPA without replacement). Though, I didn't see any shadowing so I'd work on that if you don't have any.

About the Ads

Dr.Keem

5+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
lol, everyone keeps telling you where to post. You have a good chance at MD and DO schools,especially with your higher MCAT

Zobasity

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You have a very good chance at most of the MD schools in United States. Including several top 30s/20s. Apply broadly and on time and write great essays that tell your story and acknowledge your growth/improvement.

I have similar stats as yours and I have several interviews so far - and all except 1 are top (20) schools.

You can PM to find out more specifically my stats and the response I'm getting so far. Don't sell yourself short.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads