What are my chances? GPA 3.5, MCAT 23O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsuku

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
test

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you apply June 1st and to every school then you have a shot. Otherwise you should ideally retake the mcat and shoot for a 27+.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I'll ask... how do you have 10,000+ hours of shadowing experience?

GPA 3.50, 23O Mcat, 7 years as MA, 10,000+hrs shadowing physicians, orthotech
DI NCAA Athletics.

ANY CHANCE IN GETTING INTO A DO PROGRAM?

10k hours is 5 full years of full time shadowing (40 hrs x 50 wks x 5 yrs). How did you make a living?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

He/she could be a nontrad whose MA work included directly assisting a physician during patient care, thus the equivalent of near full-time shadowing for 7 years. Alternatively, the shadowing includes an orthopedic tech. Or the OP was an orthopedic tech also.

Are the MCAT subscores balanced? What is the sGPA? What are the other ECs, like volunteerism?

test

Last edited:
I'd try to retake the MCAT if I were you. It seems to be getting more competitive every year, and that can only help your application

You are exactly right. I got started in medicine at a very young age helping out in a clinic and became an MA in high school.

My VR: 7 BS: 8 PS 8

Played international soccer and in two world cups.
Dengue Relief Team of the Caribbean
University Undergraduate Scholar Award Recipient
Caribbean Medic Award: 2 medallions for my participation in Dengue research and treatment
...really...?

:thumbup:

You are exactly right. I got started in medicine at a very young age helping out in a clinic and became an MA in high school.

Caribbean Medic Award: 2 medallions for my participation in Dengue research and treatment

My BS meter went off the roof on this one.

You played in two world cups? Interesting. Which team?

You played in two world cups? Interesting. Which team?

I think he was talking about this world cup:

Nescafe.jpg

only two world cups? Pathetic. I did 3 plus 5 super bowls. of course that was when my back was bad too and I had a hurt leg. I remember I scored 12 touchdowns in one game; it was the best madden 2012 game I ever played on my PS.

only two world cups? Pathetic. I did 3 plus 5 super bowls. of course that was when my back was bad too and I had a hurt leg. I remember I scored 12 touchdowns in one game; it was the best madden 2012 game I ever played on my PS.

Lol, well played.