What are my chances/help with creating a list of schools, thanks a mil!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellebelle527

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I have a 3.79 cGPA, 3.65 sGPA, CT resident, great ECs (shadowing, research, etc etc) & LORs. If I can make my way to an interview I think I'll be fine because I am good at that haha.

I have a couple of family members who went to med school as well so idk how much those connections would help. I'm traditional applicant & my only state school is UCONN...I also didn't do as well on the MCAT as I wanted.

I am not applying DO, if I have to retake the MCAT next year I will. I feel like since the MCAT is changed this is the best year to apply.

MCAT (June):
Chem/Phys: 85-100% (this has always been my weakest so I'm pleasantly surprised!)
CARS: 53-68% (I thought I did better but oh well - would this be a 125 or 126?)
Bio/Biochem: 62-77% (eh ok hoping for at least a 126)
Psych/Soc: 50-65%
Overall: 65-75%
Score range: 504-507 (praying for 507)

SCHOOLS: (I'm looking to have about 25-35)
UCONN
Cincinnati
Rosalind Franklin
Toledo
OSU
NEOMED
Wright State
Stritch
UChicago (a reach obviously)

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So this is not the gospel but from what I have noticed in MCAT percentile scores (including my own from June 2nd). For any section NOT 85-100%, you add 5% to the lower range of your scores for each section. so CARs would be 58%, Bio/Biochem 67%, psych 55%, and chem/phys is the wild card, but assume middle range so 93%. add those up and see where your scores lie. Again it's no the gospel truth, you could score a 507, but there is a definite methodology to their scoring and I saw many scores where they add 5% to the lower range and then people are disappointed, and possibly applying to schools above the MCAT score. Hope this helps a little bit!

Reactions: 1 user
It appears your MCAT will be equivalent to 28 to 29 on the old MCAT. Unless you have some strong connection to Ohio you can eliminate Wright State, NEOMED, OSU, Toledo and Cincinatti as they accept very few OOS applicants with your MCAT score. You only have 3 schools on your list where you have a realistic chance for an interview. Schools you should consider adding where you have a chance for an interview:
Quinnipiac
NYMC
Albany
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth (PA)
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rush
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Vermont
California Northstate (new school-only included because you are not willing to apply DO)
Some of these schools are slight reaches because of your MCAT but because of that score you need to apply to at least 20 schools in order to maximize your chances for an interview.

Reactions: 1 user