What are my chances? High GPA with Low MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SweetSunshine2001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your MCAT may be too low for MD and DO. You should consider retaking the MCAT.
Out of curiosity, any particular reason for switching from pharmacy?

Members don't see this ad :)
alright, do you have any advice for me?
You have another year to get an MCAT score consistent with success.
The median score for accepted applicants to MD schools is likely to be around 510 using the new scoring system.
Don't re-take until your odds of getting this score is high.
Your state of residence will also help determine your target score.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to come back and update you guys...

For those who are applying with a weak mcat and a pretty strong gpa and application overall... Please dont lose hope if medicine is your passion.. Go for it!

Do not let anyone tell you "well maybe medicine isnt for you" this breaks my heart because i know adcoms and professors that say this to people! And it kills their drive!

Anyway... Today is 10/15 (the first day any MD school can give you an acceptance) and i have an acceptance already (had 3 interviews already awaiting to hear back - and one more interview coming up)

Hope this motivates someone... :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to come back and update you guys...

For those who are applying with a weak mcat and a pretty strong gpa and application overall... Please dont lose hope if medicine is your passion.. Go for it!

Do not let anyone tell you "well maybe medicine isnt for you" this breaks my heart because i know adcoms and professors that say this to people! And it kills their drive!

Anyway... Today is 10/15 (the first day any MD school can give you an acceptance) and i have an acceptance already (had 3 interviews already awaiting to hear back - and one more interview coming up)

Hope this motivates someone... :)

I would believe this if you had a 27, but with a 23 and non-urm? There's no way you're getting into any MD school

Reactions: 2 users
I am not trolling!
If you do not want to believe me that is your deal!
But you dont have to :)

Hope you have a great cycle!

Btw i am applying with a disadvanagted background! I have a very strong application otherwise!

:)
That's amazing. Please let us know which schools interviewed and accepted you so that we can help others in your situation.