What are my chances? I have a cGPA 3.6 and sGPA 3.5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MKGOODIE

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what my chances would be getting accepted to an MD or DO program.
ACADEMICS
Major: Human, Cellular and Molecular Biology.
Minor: Chemistry, Computer Science.
I have a cGPA 3.6 and sGPA 3.5 and an all other GPA of a 3.89 with a MCAT of 512.
Recipient of a research scholarships, New Century scholarship ( given to me for obtaining my associates degree while in high school)
SERVICE
I Have a total of 600 hours of service.
350 hours building houses and teaching English in Uruguay and Argentina.
150 Clinical and hospital service
100 hours with Soup kitchens, Teaching English to refugees, Food pantry.
SHADOWING
I have shadowed multiple doctors and have 50 hours of shadowing
CLINICAL/PATIENT EXPOSURE
Worked as a CNA for a year. 600 hours.
RESEARCH
I have 800 hours of research and have participated in 5 Research symposiums with 3 separate personal projects. I am hoping to have a paper published that I helped my mentor write.
LEADERSHIP
I have held 4 Leadership positions in my church and i am a team lead at my second job. I am applying to be an officer for a club at my university. As well as I am applying to be a Department of Science Embassador

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest:
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
Tulane
Loyola
Oakland-B
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

I suggest:
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Hofstra
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Emory
Tulane
Loyola
Oakland-B
Your state school(s).
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

I am from Utah, What do you think about Arizona school of medicine in Tuscon, or in Pheonix? I was also thinking UNLV medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNLV will be for NV residents only the first year, I believe, as the first class will be tuition free.

Your < avg sGPA and avg MCAT make me say rule out U UT

U AZ might be doable.

I am from Utah, What do you think about Arizona school of medicine in Tuscon, or in Pheonix? I was also thinking UNLV medical school.

UNLV will be for NV residents only the first year, I believe, as the first class will be tuition free.

Your < avg sGPA and avg MCAT make me say rule out U UT

U AZ might be doable.

I also have been speaking spanish fluently since I was 7 years old. I started learning in 2nd grade. does that help my chances?

I'm wondering what my chances would be getting accepted to an MD or DO program.
ACADEMICS
Major: Human, Cellular and Molecular Biology.
Minor: Chemistry, Computer Science.
I have a cGPA 3.6 and sGPA 3.5 and an all other GPA of a 3.89 with a MCAT of 512.
Recipient of a research scholarships, New Century scholarship ( given to me for obtaining my associates degree while in high school)
SERVICE
I Have a total of 600 hours of service.
350 hours building houses and teaching English in Uruguay and Argentina.
150 Clinical and hospital service
100 hours with Soup kitchens, Teaching English to refugees, Food pantry.
SHADOWING
I have shadowed multiple doctors and have 50 hours of shadowing
CLINICAL/PATIENT EXPOSURE
Worked as a CNA for a year. 600 hours.
RESEARCH
I have 800 hours of research and have participated in 5 Research symposiums with 3 separate personal projects. I am hoping to have a paper published that I helped my mentor write.
LEADERSHIP
I have held 4 Leadership positions in my church and i am a team lead at my second job. I am applying to be an officer for a club at my university. As well as I am applying to be a Department of Science Embassador
Pretty good I think