BIO: 25
G Chem: 19
O CHem: 21
Total Science: 21
Academic Avg: 20

Overall GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.5

B.A Biology

.........im applying next year. What do you guys think of my chances. All your feedback, knowledge, opinions are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Joobin

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
I think that you must have went to a community college because my grades are below yours yet I scored a 23 on the DAT.

Guess I am smarter?

I think it sucks that you have such high grades yet you cant understand what you are reading.

RC = 15 ...... thats awlful.

OP
J

joobs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
Yes I went to a community college for 2 years. Good job on your Dat, very smart you are... The RC score is what's concerning me and Im wondering how that will affect my chances of getting into dental schools.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
:D
joobs said:
Yes I went to a community college for 2 years. Good job on your Dat, very smart you are... The RC score is what's concerning me and Im wondering how that will affect my chances of getting into dental schools.

BULLSEYE !!!

YEA, its gonna hurt you. But, I would be worried more about the community college deal. THATS THE DAGGER.

Theres a reason why the rest of us go to good colleges.

gtam18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
joobs said:
PAT: 21
QR: 21
RC: 15

B.A Biology

.........im applying next year. What do you guys think of my chances. All your feedback, knowledge, opinions are appreciated. Thank you so much.

Joobin
You did fine. Don't worry about the RC b/c I got the same thing. It doesn't say much b/c I had a problem with the computer. The school will ask u about it, just let them know what happen. The worst thing they can do is accept u base upon retaking the DAT and getting a higher score. In my case, they accepted me without retaking the DAT. Good Luck..... I'm currently a second year dental student in one of the top five dental schools.

luder98

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
Status
Dentist
vertical bite said:
I think that you must have went to a community college because my grades are below yours yet I scored a 23 on the DAT.

Guess I am smarter?

I think it sucks that you have such high grades yet you cant understand what you are reading.

Wow, that's pretty harsh. BTW, you should re-visit your grammar book. It's called Present Perfect Tense.

OP
J

joobs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
gtam thanks for the reply. Good luck!

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
luder98 said:
Wow, that's pretty harsh. BTW, you should re-visit your grammar book. It's called Present Perfect Tense.

Well, I am not NOT NOT taking criticism from anyone who quotes Will Durant..........................................................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How old are you 80?

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
joobs said:
gtam thanks for the reply. Good luck!

joobs, just kidding, you will get into every school you apply. your scores are good.

:sleep:

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
vertical bite said:

Guess I am smarter?

No point of your stupid post! No one cares if your smarter! Your definitely not smarter you wasted your time to put someone down for no reason. He posted cause he wanted to know what his chances are you *******. Don't you think he knows if a 15 is good or bad. WTF kind of common sense do you have?

Anyways OP don't worry about a 15 man I got friends getting into dental schools up the wazoo with scores much lower than yours. Your GPA is also not just great but awesome, don't sweat it you did good. :thumbup:

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Qarmonist said:
No point of your stupid post! No one cares if your smarter! Your definitely not smarter you wasted your time to put someone down for no reason. He posted cause he wanted to know what his chances are you *******. Don't you think he knows if a 15 is good or bad. WTF kind of common sense do you have?

Anyways OP don't worry about a 15 man I got friends getting into dental schools up the wazoo with scores much lower than yours. Your GPA is also not just great but awesome, don't sweat it you did good. :thumbup:

He posted cause hes anal. And is crying like a monkey with a banana up his azz.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Qarmonist said:

AND NOW you can join him. Cry baby cry ! :eek: :scared: :eek:

Qarmonist

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2004
Status
vertical bite said:
AND NOW you can join him. Cry baby cry ! :eek: :scared: :eek:
two posts in a row couldn't take the beat. keep postin honey pie!! :thumbup:

booboo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
SoCal
Status
vertical..just curious - do you enjoy it when you make people feel bad. nothing agaisnt you man but maybe its your thing. any reason behind it or you are just doing it for fun.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
booboo said:
vertical..just curious - do you enjoy it when you make people feel bad. nothing agaisnt you man but maybe its your thing. any reason behind it or you are just doing it for fun.

Just for fun pretty much.

I got into every dental school that I applied to this year (8 total).
I think I did awesome. I played point guard for 3 years of college (NCAA DIV 1 b-ball), and I was still able to carry a 3.8 overall and I just earned a masters degree in molecular bio (which was a waste in my opinion)

I also think its somewhat hilarious that everyone gets on here and post their stats and dat scores and then whines for endless hours how they are worried about gettin in a school. Maybe things are just easier for me b/c I am smart and cool.

Most of the people on this site are neither.

Its hilarious and I love to tell them the way it is !!!

I know you may not agree but theres not much I say thats not at least +80% true ~!!!!

If you dont like it then GET A LIFE ! :smuggrin:

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
booboo said:

Oh yea, if you as hot as the pic PM me cause one of my girlfriends just left to go to med school and I have a position open now for all interested applicants.

THanks !

vertical bitewing.

booboo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
SoCal
Status
LMAO..dude iam not a female man...that nice..now you can become a dentist and make alot of cash..lol..hell maybe become a millionaire..dental is not my thing but good luck ..keep karma is mind.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
booboo said:
LMAO..dude iam not a female man...that nice..now you can become a dentist and make alot of cash..lol..hell maybe become a millionaire..dental is not my thing but good luck ..keep karma is mind.

Dont believe in Karma. ITs crap.

I dont want to be a millionare. I want to work with people and do something postive in life since I have been so blessed.

However, that doesnt change the fact that people on here are anal whine azzes !!!

They need their medicine !!!

heck, prob 1/2 of these people will never get a seat in med school or dental.

:smuggrin:

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
www.facebook.com
Status
Dentist
Guys, you are gettin' off the topic...

joobs, to answer your question... NO, you won't! Now, find a search button at the top of your screen and learn using it. You will be surprized how many answers you'll find before making another useless thread.

brycethefatty

thefatone
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Gavin's campaign manager
Status
Pre-Optometry
joobs said:

B.A Biology

Joobin
Your reading comp score will hurt you if you apply to UOP. They love to tell you how a high reading comp score correlated with a good performance in dental school and on the NBDE. But with a 25 on the biology section, they might not care.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
brycethefatty said:
Your reading comp score will hurt you if you apply to UOP. They love to tell you how a high reading comp score correlated with a good performance in dental school and on the NBDE. But with a 25 on the biology section, they might not care.

I think this person guessed good on the bio section.

groundhog

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
Status
No way to tell what vertical is really like. But my 60 years of life experience supports the notion that the builders rather than the knockers tend to end up at the top. Heard a recent rumor. A top of their class super smart graduate lost out on a primo ortho spot because they came across in their interview as arrogant, unteachable, and a non team player. Something to digest.

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Arogant people run the United States bud.

OPEN YOUR EYES !!!

That is so funny. I hope to god that I am not settin here typin when I am 60 years old.

MAn you must have really really really messed up in life.

Go do something fun, live is almost at its end bud.

AND ONCE AGAIN AROGANT PEOPLE RUN THE WORLD, surgeons, politicians, business owners, the president?

are they arogant?

Go play shuffleboard or bingo and leave me alone pops!

Dentalist

carpe diem
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
You will not get interviews with those stats... unless you found the cure for AIDS and won the olympic gold medal.

Just kidding... :)

I think you have a good shot at every school you apply to, supposing your EC's, LOR's and essays are good. Make sure to apply early in the cycle! Good luck.

joobs said:

B.A Biology

Joobin

vertical bite

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Dentalist said:
You will not get interviews with those stats... unless you found the cure for AIDS and won the olympic gold medal.

Just kidding... :)

I think you have a good shot at every school you apply to, supposing your EC's, LOR's and essays are good. Make sure to apply early in the cycle! Good luck.

hahah

I actually think this person is just fine. I just enjoyed messing with her.
It was all good clean fun.

Enjoy dental school b/c thats where you are headed !!!
:love:

aceking

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2004
Status
joobs said:

B.A Biology

Joobin
your stats are ok
u will probably have a difficult time with schools such as UOP that pay atttention on RC scores. However, i am sure u will get some interviews, but i dont know about a guarantee on a spot for dschool. anyways, i think u have good chances in getting in
good luck

groundhog

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2000
Visit site
Status
vertical bite said:
Arogant people run the United States bud.

OPEN YOUR EYES !!!

That is so funny. I hope to god that I am not settin here typin when I am 60 years old.

MAn you must have really really really messed up in life.

Go do something fun, live is almost at its end bud.

AND ONCE AGAIN AROGANT PEOPLE RUN THE WORLD, surgeons, politicians, business owners, the president?

are they arogant?

Go play shuffleboard or bingo and leave me alone pops!
Yeah I guess you're right. I sure can't match up with a young genius like you. I'm just sitting here tonight doing my usual thing of operating an electrical power system. No big deal, but it being my area of expertise, I would have to agree that those electrical utility industry wonder boys from Enron ( Kenneth Lay, Jeff Skilling, and Andy Fastow) were arrogant to the max. Great successes they were too.

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
Visit site
Status
Dentist
vertical bite said:
Well, I am not NOT NOT taking criticism from anyone who quotes Will Durant..........................................................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How old are you 80?
good question VB. i am sure everyone is wondering that about you.

how old are you? what year did you get into dental school?

Status
Not open for further replies.