What are my chances , med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katty

Angry Bird
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Im a Junior, I actually got bad grades last semester (was my 1st semester at the Uni) & I wanted to know whether I still have a chance to get in to the Med. school or not.
GPA: 3.5
B+ in Both Gen Chem 1 & 2
Physics 1 A-
Bio 1 A
Microbiology A
B in both Calc 1 & 2
Social science , Eng, & humanities classes A
But Last semester I took Bio 2 (Ecology) & ended up getting C , I also Got B in Physics 2 lab & dropped physics 2 . Now Im retaking it along with Genetics, ORGO 1 & Eco. Bio lab. (yeah it might not be a good Idea to take those classes during the same semester but that's what happened!)
Now im taking genetics & I think im gonna end up getting C or C+ ( I failed the 1st exam, so I lost my chances of getting any higher grade) ! If I get C in genetics & C+ in ORGO, do I need to retake these classes; I can't drop any of those classes cuz I already have a W grade on my transcript !
Am so disappointed , Any help would be appreciated. :(:(:(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Im a Junior, I actually got bad grades last semester (was my 1st semester at the Uni) & I wanted to know whether I still have a chance to get in to the Med. school or not.
GPA: 3.56
Physics 1 A-
Bio 1 A
Microbiology A
B in both Calc 1 & 2
But Last semester I took Bio 2 (Ecology) & ended up getting C , I also Got B in Physics 2 lab & dropped physics 2 . Now Im retaking it along with Genetics, ORGO 1 & Eco. Bio lab. (yeah it might not be a good Idea to take those classes during the same semester but that's what happened!)
Now im taking genetics & I think im gonna end up getting C or C+ ( I failed the 1st exam, so I lost my chances of getting any higher grade) ! If I get C in genetics & C+ in ORGO, do I need to retake these classes; I can't drop any of those classes cuz I already have a W grade on my transcript !

Your overall GPA is good enough for lower to mid med schools. You could get in if you also have excellant activities and a decent MCAT. MD schools do not do grade replacement, but DO schools do.

Well, you can kiss the Ivies and Stanford off, but you're still doing fine. Just don't get any more C's OK?

GPA: 3.5
Physics 1 A-
Bio 1 A
Microbiology A
B in both Calc 1 & 2

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Your overall GPA is good enough for lower to mid med schools. You could get in if you also have excellant activities and a decent MCAT. MD schools do not do grade replacement, but DO schools do.

Oh thanks, I feel much better now :) . Still need to study hard 4 the MCAT :idea:

Hey guys,
Im a junior
at community college (quarter system) I received a C in Gen Chem 1, B- in Gen Chem 2, and a B+ in chem 3
overall JC GPA: 3.38
at the university (semester system) bio1=A bio2=A
Biostats: A
Ochem 1: B Ochem 2: A-
Plus all A's in all other classes
Overall University GPA: 3.82

I have a ton of stuff I do outside of class like: president of club that leads mission work in Haiti, work as an EMT, Volutneer as an EMT in clinic and at events, research under a professor, shadowing hours, working as a tutor

Let me know where you think I am lacking and what I need to improve on

Hey guys,
Im a junior
at community college (quarter system) I received a C in Gen Chem 1, B- in Gen Chem 2, and a B+ in chem 3
overall JC GPA: 3.38
at the university (semester system) bio1=A bio2=A
Biostats: A
Ochem 1: B Ochem 2: A-
Plus all A's in all other classes
Overall University GPA: 3.82

I have a ton of stuff I do outside of class like: president of club that leads mission work in Haiti, work as an EMT, Volutneer as an EMT in clinic and at events, research under a professor, shadowing hours, working as a tutor

Let me know where you think I am lacking and what I need to improve on

Make your own thread, you'll get better/more feedback that way.