What are my chances , med school

katty

Angry Bird
Feb 12, 2013
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey Guys, Im a Junior, I actually got bad grades last semester (was my 1st semester at the Uni) & I wanted to know whether I still have a chance to get in to the Med. school or not.
    GPA: 3.5
    B+ in Both Gen Chem 1 & 2
    Physics 1 A-
    Bio 1 A
    Microbiology A
    B in both Calc 1 & 2
    Social science , Eng, & humanities classes A
    But Last semester I took Bio 2 (Ecology) & ended up getting C , I also Got B in Physics 2 lab & dropped physics 2 . Now Im retaking it along with Genetics, ORGO 1 & Eco. Bio lab. (yeah it might not be a good Idea to take those classes during the same semester but that's what happened!)
    Now im taking genetics & I think im gonna end up getting C or C+ ( I failed the 1st exam, so I lost my chances of getting any higher grade) ! If I get C in genetics & C+ in ORGO, do I need to retake these classes; I can't drop any of those classes cuz I already have a W grade on my transcript !
    Am so disappointed , Any help would be appreciated. :(:(:(

Last edited:

October88

Aug 3, 2012
    Minnesota
    1. Medical Student
      Hey Guys, Im a Junior, I actually got bad grades last semester (was my 1st semester at the Uni) & I wanted to know whether I still have a chance to get in to the Med. school or not.
      GPA: 3.56
      Physics 1 A-
      Bio 1 A
      Microbiology A
      B in both Calc 1 & 2
      But Last semester I took Bio 2 (Ecology) & ended up getting C , I also Got B in Physics 2 lab & dropped physics 2 . Now Im retaking it along with Genetics, ORGO 1 & Eco. Bio lab. (yeah it might not be a good Idea to take those classes during the same semester but that's what happened!)
      Now im taking genetics & I think im gonna end up getting C or C+ ( I failed the 1st exam, so I lost my chances of getting any higher grade) ! If I get C in genetics & C+ in ORGO, do I need to retake these classes; I can't drop any of those classes cuz I already have a W grade on my transcript !

Your overall GPA is good enough for lower to mid med schools. You could get in if you also have excellant activities and a decent MCAT. MD schools do not do grade replacement, but DO schools do.

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        Well, you can kiss the Ivies and Stanford off, but you're still doing fine. Just don't get any more C's OK?

GPA: 3.5
        Physics 1 A-
        Bio 1 A
        Microbiology A
        B in both Calc 1 & 2

About the Ads

liabee

2+ Year Member
        Sep 7, 2017
        1. Pre-Medical
          Hey guys,
          Im a junior
          at community college (quarter system) I received a C in Gen Chem 1, B- in Gen Chem 2, and a B+ in chem 3
          overall JC GPA: 3.38
          at the university (semester system) bio1=A bio2=A
          Biostats: A
          Ochem 1: B Ochem 2: A-
          Plus all A's in all other classes
          Overall University GPA: 3.82

I have a ton of stuff I do outside of class like: president of club that leads mission work in Haiti, work as an EMT, Volutneer as an EMT in clinic and at events, research under a professor, shadowing hours, working as a tutor

Let me know where you think I am lacking and what I need to improve on

Cardboard101

2+ Year Member
          Jun 5, 2015
          1. Medical Student
            Hey guys,
            Im a junior
            at community college (quarter system) I received a C in Gen Chem 1, B- in Gen Chem 2, and a B+ in chem 3
            overall JC GPA: 3.38
            at the university (semester system) bio1=A bio2=A
            Biostats: A
            Ochem 1: B Ochem 2: A-
            Plus all A's in all other classes
            Overall University GPA: 3.82

I have a ton of stuff I do outside of class like: president of club that leads mission work in Haiti, work as an EMT, Volutneer as an EMT in clinic and at events, research under a professor, shadowing hours, working as a tutor

Let me know where you think I am lacking and what I need to improve on

Make your own thread, you'll get better/more feedback that way.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.