What are my chances? Need help with list please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I need help with cutting down my list, and any advice will be so helpful! Thank you!!

19 AA
19 TS
18 PAT

~3.65 science GPA

200+ hours of extra-curricular/volunteering including: teaching assistant, leadership roles, dental clinics, research experience

TOURO
NYU
TUFTS
BU
UNE
UMD
TEMPLE
UCONN
RUTGERS
VCU
CASE
MWU-IL
MWU-AZ
ATSU
UNLV
NOVA
LECOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be helpful to add your residency into your post.

I'd take Columbia and Penn off because I think they'd be too competitive to get into with your DAT. I'd maybe add Case, MOSDOH, MWU IL on there because all your schools seem to be from the east coast, but otherwise I think your list looks pretty okay. Don't know how OOS friendly UConn and UMD are though. Rutgers doesn't accept AP credit for pre-reqs so keep that in mind.

Reactions: 2 users
It'd be helpful to add your residency into your post.

I'd take Columbia and Penn off because I think they'd be too competitive to get into with your DAT. I'd maybe add Case, MOSDOH, MWU IL on there because all your schools seem to be from the east coast, but otherwise I think your list looks pretty okay. Don't know how OOS friendly UConn and UMD are though. Rutgers doesn't accept AP credit for pre-reqs so keep that in mind.

Thank you for the feedback! What do you think about my DAT? Is a retake necessary in your opinion?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the feedback! What do you think about my DAT? Is a retake necessary in your opinion?
I don't think a retake is absolutely necessary, but a retake and a higher score would help increase your chances at public schools, with cheaper tuition options vs the privates on your list.

Reactions: 1 users
I would think about taking UConn off the list. When I interviewed there this past September, they stressed that they look for applicants with high GPAs and DATs to make sure the students coming in can handle the tough science courses the first 1.5 years. For my interview group, they said the average GPA was about 3.8 and DAT TS 23. That's not to say you wouldn't be able to get in as there are students that fall below average, but it'll be a challenge.

For LECOM, I think you're right where you need to be. At my interview day, they said they were planning to interview ~800 applicants for the 2018-2019 cycle. So on the bright side, they interview a lot of candidates. On the downside, you'll have to do well so that your interview sticks out. There have been talks that LECOM is upping their class size from ~100 to 150.

Reactions: 1 users
I would think about taking UConn off the list. When I interviewed there this past September, they stressed that they look for applicants with high GPAs and DATs to make sure the students coming in can handle the tough science courses the first 1.5 years. For my interview group, they said the average GPA was about 3.8 and DAT TS 23. That's not to say you wouldn't be able to get in as there are students that fall below average, but it'll be a challenge.

For LECOM, I think you're right where you need to be. At my interview day, they said they were planning to interview ~800 applicants for the 2018-2019 cycle. So on the bright side, they interview a lot of candidates. On the downside, you'll have to do well so that your interview sticks out. There have been talks that LECOM is upping their class size from ~100 to 150.
Thank you for the info!

While not terrible, your DAT scores are average at best, which isn't the end of the world - you'll just need something crazy to catch their attention.

If possible, I'd retake and improve your DAT. Should be easier after that.

Reactions: 1 user
While not terrible, your DAT scores are average at best, which isn't the end of the world - you'll just need something crazy to catch their attention.

If possible, I'd retake and improve your DAT. Should be easier after that.
Thanks for the feedback!