What are my chances, non-trad app applying June 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mds7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a bachelor's and master's in music. I have a 3.6 and 3.8 gpa respectively. I'm currently going back to school completing science pre-reqs and will be applying june 2014. I working full time in addition to taking classes. Last year I taught first grade in Memphis, TN as apart of Teach For America. In 2008, I started a community music camp in California that has been running successfully. Right now I'm getting tons of volunteer experience as an assistant and shadowing at a dental laboratory. I also spent a week on a military base observing a dentist. I'm African American, I live in Delaware. My top choices are Temple, University of Maryland, Howard, IU (my alma mater), NYU, UoP, midwestern, AT Still, Univ of Tenn, Meharry, Marquette, etc....

Please let me know what you think my chances are.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have a bachelor's and master's in music. I have a 3.6 and 3.8 gpa respectively. I'm currently going back to school completing science pre-reqs and will be applying june 2014. I working full time in addition to taking classes. Last year I taught first grade in Memphis, TN as apart of Teach For America. In 2008, I started a community music camp in California that has been running successfully. Right now I'm getting tons of volunteer experience as an assistant and shadowing at a dental laboratory. I also spent a week on a military base observing a dentist. I'm African American, I live in Delaware. My top choices are Temple, University of Maryland, Howard, IU (my alma mater), NYU, UoP, midwestern, AT Still, Univ of Tenn, Meharry, Marquette, etc.

Easy. Just don't suck the DAT too hard and prove science skills with good grades.

Omg... A fellow delawarian! It's really hard to give a prediction when you're a year off from applying, which means no dat or (updated) gpa. Your current gpa is solid, so try and maintain that. If you keep your gpa up, try and shoot for at least a 20, which should give you good chances at getting into a school. Unfortunately for us, we have no state school ; ___ ;, but temple does reserve a few seats for DE residents. They don't give the ~$10,000 off tuition that they do for PA residents though.

Your story make great personal statement. :)
Keep doing what you are doing and earn those As.

Hi,

I have a bachelor's and master's in music. I have a 3.6 and 3.8 gpa respectively. I'm currently going back to school completing science pre-reqs and will be applying june 2014. I working full time in addition to taking classes. Last year I taught first grade in Memphis, TN as apart of Teach For America. In 2008, I started a community music camp in California that has been running successfully. Right now I'm getting tons of volunteer experience as an assistant and shadowing at a dental laboratory. I also spent a week on a military base observing a dentist. I'm African American, I live in Delaware. My top choices are Temple, University of Maryland, Howard, IU (my alma mater), NYU, UoP, midwestern, AT Still, Univ of Tenn, Meharry, Marquette, etc....