What are my chances of being admitted to a Canadian pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotquestions

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I come from the united states and desire to study pharmacy school in Canada only because they are so much cheaper ($10k a year), but I did all the prereqs in the united states, so what are my chances of being admitted to a Canadian pharmacy school? What do they look for?

Can graduates from Canadian pharmacy schools sit for the NAPLEX and work in the united states such as New York, or Texas, and is getting the degree there the same as getting a PharmD degree? What's the difference?

Members don't see this ad.

don't know about pharm school, but its damn near impossible to get into dental school in canada. People get into Harvard and Columbia dental and get turn down from all of the dental schools in canada all the time.

basically impossible i think no pharm schools take international students..u should check each Canadian pharm schools website to make sure though..i think the quebec ones might take international students if u speak french..but Canadians themselves have trouble gettting into pharm schools here and apply to the states where it's a bit more "easier" so to speak

basically impossible i think no pharm schools take international students..u should check each Canadian pharm schools website to make sure though..i think the quebec ones might take international students if u speak french..but Canadians themselves have trouble gettting into pharm schools here and apply to the states where it's a bit more "easier" so to speak

I second this. Check with each school. I know UBC does NOT accept international students.

From the UBC website: http://www.pharmacy.ubc.ca/index.html

"Please note that international applicants cannot be accommodated in the program, and should not apply."

I sincerely doubt any Canadian schools accept international students.

List of Canadian Pharmacy schools (there's only 10)

http://www.pharmacists.ca/content/about_cpha/about_pharmacy_in_can/directory/associations.cfm?main_heading=Canadian$Faculties$and$Schools$of$Pharmacy