What are my chances of being with these grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprinter16

PGY1
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.5 sGPA with a 3.71 cGPA. Because I had to retake a class, my AMCAS GPA will be 3.64. I have a 31 MCAT score (I took it before the format changed). I am a varsity athlete (captain), a EMT-B, and have over 400 hours volunteering with my local emergency room. I have at least 150 hours of shadowing experience.

I will be applying next year, but within that year I will have been working as a scribe, volunteering on the ambulance, and becoming a youth group leader.

What schools should/shouldn't I apply to and which schools are realistic?

Also, I'm from Oregon if that changes anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry. I accidentally posted this discussion twice. Would still like some feedback though!

When you say "next year," do you mean the 2016 or 2017 cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll have a shot. I did see your other post about the F, but hopefully that was a while ago and you have a good explanation or good resolution (what you learned) from it.

I think it is wise that you are going to take a couple years off by not applying this year. getting some more activities cannot hurt you. And being a varsity athlete helps.

I suggest:

U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Tulane
Loyola
Creighton
Any new MD school, except Hofstra and Central MI.
Any DO program. Start with PacNW and Western-OR
Your state school.

I have a 3.5 sGPA with a 3.71 cGPA. Because I had to retake a class, my AMCAS GPA will be 3.64. I have a 31 MCAT score (I took it before the format changed). I am a varsity athlete (captain), a EMT-B, and have over 400 hours volunteering with my local emergency room. I have at least 150 hours of shadowing experience.

I will be applying next year, but within that year I will have been working as a scribe, volunteering on the ambulance, and becoming a youth group leader.

What schools should/shouldn't I apply to and which schools are realistic?

Also, I'm from Oregon if that changes anything.

Thanks for the input everyone! Yes I am applying for the 2017 cycle.

I think you'll have a shot. I did see your other post about the F, but hopefully that was a while ago and you have a good explanation or good resolution (what you learned) from it.

I think it is wise that you are going to take a couple years off by not applying this year. getting some more activities cannot hurt you. And being a varsity athlete helps.

Yeah that was three years ago, and wasn't a science class. Just had a hard time managing different things as a freshman