What are my chances of getting accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macy.martin81

Reaction score
I just applied early decision to Texas A&M pharmacy school! I was wondering if anyone had any guidance or honest feedback on my chances of being accepted. I'm 19 years old, 3.67 GPA, Pharmacy Tech license for a year, Sterile Compounding certified (as well as a few other certificates), and 9 weeks of unpaid Pharmacy experience.
I take the PCAT this Thursday and will send that in. Any tips on that as well? Thank y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
You'll get in but do you know about the uh, difficulties pharmacy is facing?

Reactions: 1 user
I just applied early decision to Texas A&M pharmacy school! I was wondering if anyone had any guidance or honest feedback on my chances of being accepted. I'm 19 years old, 3.67 GPA, Pharmacy Tech license for a year, Sterile Compounding certified (as well as a few other certificates), and 9 weeks of unpaid Pharmacy experience.
I take the PCAT this Thursday and will send that in. Any tips on that as well? Thank y'all!

Congrats on a future of joblessness and debt. It is not hard to get into pharmacy school, so if you are humble bragging, you are clearly ill informed and on the wrong site. I suggest you spend time building the skills you clearly lack such as researching skills and reading comprehension since you have no clue what is going on with pharmacy schools at the moment.

That GPA means nothing when you don't even know how to use Google.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your chances are very high. With 3.6 GPA and pharmacy experience, your stats are considered excellent nowadays because pharmacy schools are desperate for students. Even students with GPA below 3 are getting accepted now. No one wants to do pharmacy anymore because of negative job growth, increasing unemployment, decreasing salaries, etc

The acceptance rate may vary from school to school.
If you are willing to attend any school within the U.S, however, the acceptance rate is 99%.

As long as you are not a degenerate of some kind, you will get in.

Congrats!! I also just applied to A&Ms program, but I applied as regular decision! I've heard we usually hear back within 2-3 weeks for an interview. Have you heard anything about that?

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Do the potential pharmacy students not read any of the threads on the downfall of pharmacy? Like a moth to flames they still apply and will eventually graduate with no job and mountains of debt. Poor decision.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Chances of getting into pharmacy school: very high
Chances of graduating with $200k+ in loans: very high
Changes of you being unemployed and having a hard time paying off said debt: very high

Reactions: 5 users
Chances of graduating with $200k+ in loans: very high
Changes of you being unemployed and having a hard time paying off said debt: very high

Chances of graduating with $100-300k+ in loans: GUARANTEED!

thought I make a necessary correction :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I think your chances of being accepted are high. You have very good GPA and pharmacy experiences. Keep us updated if you receive an interview? Good Luck!!!

100% but why do you want to go to pharmacy school? You know there are unemployed PharmDs from the class of 2019 and 2020 right? They all have $200,000-300,000 student loan debt and no jobs.

You know that new grads, if they're one of the few to get a job, are only offered around $45/hr at 30 hours per week right? That's $70,000 per year before taxes. In 4 years it will be less. Good luck paying off $200,000+ loans on that salary. Do you like living far away from civilization, in the ghetto, floating to stores an hour away, working evenings/weekends/holidays? That's what you'll be doing if you're lucky.

You know that Walgreens is not promoting grad interns until there's a pharmacist opening right? That means newly licensed pharmacists are still working at $20-25/hr for who knows how long until a spot opens for them. Could take months or years. Walgreens also hasn't given any raise or bonus in 3 years. That means your low salary will be even lower each year due to inflation.

I honestly would like to know your reasons for pursuing pharmacy school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Oh my goodness. Seriously drop the pharmacy application. Tell them you have a change of heart and apply to PA school. There is more demand for PAs, you will have prescriptive authority, and you have less debt than Pharmacy. Also your pharm tech experience will count for applying to PA school, plus you have the GPA. You are more intelligent than just verifying orders and prescriptions. Seriously do your research on PA school. It is much better than pharmacy.

Get out while you still can. Listen to Paul Tran about the pharmacy job market

Guys, I'm sure she already knows about the job market. Do you really think she went through all the trouble of getting a tech license, getting sterile compounding certified, and volunteered for 9 months without doing a simple Google search first about pharmacist job growth?

Guys, I'm sure she already knows about the job market. Do you really think she went through all the trouble of getting a tech license, getting sterile compounding certified, and volunteered for 9 months without doing a simple Google search first about pharmacist job growth?

I hope you are not overestimating prepharms....you would be surprised how many think they are the Golden God.

yeah at 19 years old, I think she only researched the average salary and having a doctorate degree.

Yeah.

Well I know one tech that knows about the job market and is either choosing nursing or health administration

Did you hear back yet?

• Wow
You will get in. Many pharmacy schools are taking anyone they can.