MPH What are my chances of getting in MPH programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JS1994

Reaction score
I know I'm a bit late to the game, but figure out my future has been a bumpy road.
Here are my stats:

Undergrad: University of Michigan Class of 2017 (winter)
Degree: Biochemistry
Undergrad GPA: 2.96 (SOPHAS verified)
GRE: 154Q 153V 4.0W
Experience/Work:
- Worked two summers in South Africa with a non profit focused on health education and HIV/AIDS prevention
- Currently working (past year) with the University of Michigan Medical School on a program focused on providing humanistic care through the arts.
- Did two years of research on preterm infants and got a current paper under review and one currently writing with the researcher.
- Volunteered at the children's hospital for 2 years.

Applied: Tulane, UIC, Loyola Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Drexel, George Washington.

My stats aren't great, but I feel rushed to get the applications in. I have another GRE date set for reach schools like Michigan, but I'd love to get into any of the ones I've already applied to.

Anyone getting hints about my future? Does it look glum?

Members don't see this ad.

I have friends who have gotten into NYU/UIC/GWU MPH with stats similar to yours. And your work experience is definitely a bonus and makes you stand out. I would think you have a fair shot at most of the schools you listed. The only issue might be that you applied a little late but I know there are still applications open for a lot of schools. Future is what you make it out to be. You are starting on a clean slate and make the most of it!