What are my chances of getting in pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HR91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a new member on this forum and was wondering if I still have a decent shot at Pharmacy school because a couple of my grades are worrying me. I'm only a freshman in college but I plan to apply at the end of the calendar year. Here are my grades so far:

BIOL 1: A
BIOL 1 lab: B
BIOL 2: B+
BIOL 2 lab: B
CHEM 1: B
CHEM lab 1: B
CHEM 2: B
CHEM 2 lab: C+ (this one is worrying me)
STAT: B+
SOCIOLOGY: A-
CALC: A

I have taken both history's(both A's) and government's(both B's) at a community college but I don't know if Pharmacy school look at those grades. Do they? I'm taking English 2 over the summer at a community college and have English 1 credit from AP test in high school

I plan on taking Organic 1 and 2 with labs in the upcoming fall/spring along with Microbio/Genetics and the rest of my other prerequisites.

I plan on applying to UH, TTU, A&M Pharmacy schools at the end of this calendar year.

I have volunteered 100+ hours in a hospital pharmacy and plan on working as a Pharmacy Technician over the summer to gain more experience in the pharmacy field.

Will that C+ in chem 2 lab significantly hurt my chances of getting accepted in pharmacy school? I'm confused of I should continue to pursue pharmacy or change my career choice and would appreciate and help and advice!

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

check out the "what are my chances" thread above.