Jun 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I have a 3.71 GPA from undergrad according to my school, but AADSAS could register that as something a little lower because AADSAS has lower grade points for A- than my school does. I e-submitted my application on 8/19, and haven't been gpa verified yet.

My DAT breakdown is 23AA/23TS/22BIO/23GEN CHEM/27 O CHEM/21 PAT/24 QR/21RC.

I have a lot of research experiences (~2000hr from working as a research volunteer after graduation), but my only dentistry related experience is shadowing a general dentist (75 hr). I have also volunteered at a hospital (~180 hr).

The thing that worries the most is that I am an international student, so my options of dental schools are fewer and chances of getting in lower. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
You look good, even by international standards.
Apply soon and broadly if you want to get in this cycle.

It also wouldnt hurt to get the ADEA guide to dental schools to see which schools are international or out of state friendly.

OP
cody0477
Jun 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
You look good, even by international standards.
Apply soon and broadly if you want to get in this cycle.

It also wouldnt hurt to get the ADEA guide to dental schools to see which schools are international or out of state friendly.
Would e-submitting on 8/19 be considered late? I am just a little freaked out seeing other applicants on SDN already got several interviews while I am stuck on the verification process.
Also, I feel like the schools that I have the biggest shot at are NYU, BU, and maybe Case Western, basically private schools that are known to accept international students.