bb0306

Sep 7, 2017
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi,

I am in my 4th year of my biology degree at Acadia University, and was wondering if anyone knows the chances I will get accepted to medical schools, particularly Dalhousie, Norhtern Ontario, MUN.. etc. I am going to be taking a year as an independent student while I apply.
- 3.5 gpa
- Writing my MCAT in January
- 7 years volunteer experience at a Pre-school
- Other volunteer activities (children's wish, memorial hockey tournament)
- 5 years working in recreation in the summer

About the Ads

Peach Newport

board certified in jewish dermatology
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I may be totally wrong about this, but one of my very close friends is a Canadian citizen. She told me "if you're not competitive for a top 20 American MD, you're not getting anywhere near a Canadian school."

ruskimed

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Depending on your last 2 years, and MCAT score I think you'll probably make it into Dal. Ontario schools have pretty high GPA standards but fortunately you can find some that look at your last 2 years. (Queens, Western, McMaster are definitely worth looking at). I would work hard on getting your CARS up for the MCAT if you're looking into Ontario schools.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.