What are my chances of getting into NYCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bakr001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so i am applying to NYCPM for September 2013. I should be finished applying to the school by 9/21. I am worried that i may be to late in the application cycle to get accepted for fall of 2013, since the application cycle opened up about a month and a half ago.

My stats are like this

cgpa: 3.519
sgpa: 3.5-3.6
Mcat: 22P (first attempt)
Shadowed a podiatrist: 50 hours
ER shadow/volunteer: 100 hours

My gpa is based on my school transcripts. My school bases the gpa on this:
A - 4.0
B+ 3.5
B 3.0

( and on-wards) we do not have A-'s or A+'s etc.

I am am on the bored of a school club in regards to health sciences, a supervisor of a community organization, and i have had two on campus jobs in IT, and other miscellaneous job (which hopefully makes an emphasis on my people skills to my application readers)

I am nervous finishing all my stuff for the school but I feel like I am late. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so i am applying to NYCPM for September 2013. I should be finished applying to the school by 9/21. I am worried that i may be to late in the application cycle to get accepted for fall of 2013, since the application cycle opened up about a month and a half ago.

My stats are like this

cgpa: 3.519
sgpa: 3.5-3.6
Mcat: 22P (first attempt)
Shadowed a podiatrist: 50 hours
ER shadow/volunteer: 100 hours

My gpa is based on my school transcripts. My school bases the gpa on this:
A - 4.0
B+ 3.5
B 3.0

( and on-wards) we do not have A-'s or A+'s etc.

I am am on the bored of a school club in regards to health sciences, a supervisor of a community organization, and i have had two on campus jobs in IT, and other miscellaneous job (which hopefully makes an emphasis on my people skills to my application readers)

I am nervous finishing all my stuff for the school but I feel like I am late. What do you guys think?

You aren't late.

Your gpa will change though because AACPMAS calculates a B+ as 3.3.

However with your GPA staying near the range provided, you have a high chance to garner an interview.