What are my chances of getting into pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chuynh1991

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So pretty much this whole quarter at UCSD destroyed my GPA. I got a 2.53 GPA (2 C+'s :[) this quarter and my accumulative UC GPA dropped to a 3.02. My community college GPA was a 3.67 if that matters. I currently have no extracurricular activities but am planning to start volunteering this summer. I don't know if it will help my application or not but I believe something that would make me stand out would be that I lost 100 pounds when I was obese, I came from an impoverished area(pretty much the ghetto) and am the first in my family to go to college. I was just wondering what are my chances of still getting into a pharmacy school in California or out of state if it really came down to it.

Members don't see this ad.

So pretty much this whole quarter at UCSD destroyed my GPA. I got a 2.53 GPA (2 C+'s :[) this quarter and my accumulative UC GPA dropped to a 3.02. My community college GPA was a 3.67 if that matters. I currently have no extracurricular activities but am planning to start volunteering this summer. I don't know if it will help my application or not but I believe something that would make me stand out would be that I lost 100 pounds when I was obese, I came from an impoverished area(pretty much the ghetto) and am the first in my family to go to college. I was just wondering what are my chances of still getting into a pharmacy school in California or out of state if it really came down to it.

well pharmcas will calculate your gpa based on sciences, non-sciences, by year, etc.
Try to keep everythhing above a 3.0. For CA if you'd probably need a cumulative of 3.3+ to be competitive unless you have extremely awesome extracurricular/research/volunteering. Otherwise look for out of state, do well on the pcat.

well pharmcas will calculate your gpa based on sciences, non-sciences, by year, etc.
Try to keep everythhing above a 3.0. For CA if you'd probably need a cumulative of 3.3+ to be competitive unless you have extremely awesome extracurricular/research/volunteering. Otherwise look for out of state, do well on the pcat.

Yeah, and PharmCAS GPA calculations suck! I had a bad first semester and took 5 classes made D's and C's and retook them all later and got A's. Even with 3 years of maintaining 3.8+ GPA's and a transcript GPA of 3.78, PharmCAS still recalculated my overall to be 3.27...:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, and PharmCAS GPA calculations suck! I had a bad first semester and took 5 classes made D's and C's and retook them all later and got A's. Even with 3 years of maintaining 3.8+ GPA's and a transcript GPA of 3.78, PharmCAS still recalculated my overall to be 3.27...:thumbdown:

how could that even possible?

Hey, do you know any pharmacy school that low GPA student can apply to?
Thanks