What are my chances of getting into pharmacy school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by bluebearz, Jul 9, 2018.

1. bluebearz

Hi, I'm looking to apply to pharmacy school and looking for advice. I'm finishing my last semester of undergrad in the fall and i'm getting a Bachelor's of Science in biology. I'm thinking about applying to both Wayne State University and University of Michigan, both in Michigan. I was thinking of applying to one of these schools as my early decision, just not sure which one yet. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

PharmCAS cumulative gpa: 3.60
    PharmCAS science gpa: 3.44

PCAT score composite: 89
    Chemistry: 98
    Biology: 94
    Quantitative: 77
    Reading: 42

Work experience:
    I've been a pharmacy technician in retail for a little over a year (just applied for my license so should be getting that soon)

Volunteer experience:
    Past 5 years at a free clinic (around 300 hours or so)
    Past 2 years as an english tutor
    Past 4 years as a member of a program at my university which offers multiple volunteering opportunities (within the community)

Will be getting recommendation letters from: pharmacist who I work with, clinic supervisor, and a university professor

#1 bluebearz, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BC_89

You’ll be fine. Come up with how you gonna have your loans paid for and how your gonna set yourself apart from other applicants wanting the same job and location as you

lalaland33 likes this.
  4. Robbin

Robbin Pharmacist

Pharmacist
    You have good scores and plus your experience will give you some fruitful results.

postcolor likes this.
  5. BRIGGSQUAD

Pharmacy Student
    If you put up a solid interview you should be able to have your pick. Good luck

6. postcolor

You sound like the perfect pre-pharm student. Nice work accomplishing all that you have.