What are my chances of getting into Podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hwhite49

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this question is asked a 1,000 times on here but I genuinely have an unique situation; but what are my chances of getting into podiatry school? I have a GPA of 2.9- I am a hardworking student but my freshman year I was diagnosed with multiple PEs and Lupus that caused me to miss a ton of school and in turn not doing too hot on my coursework. I have worked with two podiatrist since I was 15, so 4 years now as their student, I know everything about podiatry. I have such a strong passion for podiatry after working in this practice for this long and shadowing patient care, surgery, and really learning everything I can about this profession. Of course I plan on doing well on my MCATs, so contingent upon this, should I be able to get into podiatry school?

Thank you guys in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I know this question is asked a 1,000 times on here but I genuinely have an unique situation; but what are my chances of getting into podiatry school? I have a GPA of 2.9- I am a hardworking student but my freshman year I was diagnosed with multiple PEs and Lupus that caused me to miss a ton of school and in turn not doing too hot on my coursework. I have worked with two podiatrist since I was 15, so 4 years now as their student, I know everything about podiatry. I have such a strong passion for podiatry after working in this practice for this long and shadowing patient care, surgery, and really learning everything I can about this profession. Of course I plan on doing well on my MCATs, so contingent upon this, should I be able to get into podiatry school?

Is 2.9 your cumulative GPA? Any upward trend or post-bacc?

What is your sGPA?

MCAT score will determine a lot.

Is 2.9 your cumulative GPA? Any upward trend or post-bacc?

What is your sGPA?

MCAT score will determine a lot.

2.9 is my cumulative. my sGPA is 2.82. No post-bacc, my grades this semester will likely put me at a 3.0. I am planning on retaking the classes that hurt my GPA in the first place.

Members don't see this ad :)
2.9 is my cumulative. my sGPA is 2.82. No post-bacc, my grades this semester will likely put me at a 3.0. I am planning on retaking the classes that hurt my GPA in the first place.

No point in chancing you at this point, your GPA can still go up or down, coupled with no MCAT score. Come back when you are done with your undergrad and have MCAT done.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Chances are fine with a 3.0 GPA in both sci and cumulative along with a 495+ MCAT. The better the MCAT the more chances for acceptance and maybe some scholarship money!

A side note, if your current profile pic is you then please consider changing it.