What are my chances of getting into podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sche3131

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, wondering what my chances are of getting into podiatry school, I would really like to attend Temple or R. F. Applying the first week of August for entry in Fall 2012. Any feedback would be helpful.

My science gpa is 3.4 and cum gpa is 3.65. I just took the MCAT for the first time and got a 19. I have some extracurc. (chem club, honor society for biology) and some volunteer experience. I have shadowed a pod surgeon and clinical podiatrist. Also, I did research sophomore year of college.

What are my chances with my low MCAT because I would really love to not take it again.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, wondering what my chances are of getting into podiatry school, I would really like to attend Temple or R. F. Applying the first week of August for entry in Fall 2012. Any feedback would be helpful.

My science gpa is 3.4 and cum gpa is 3.65. I just took the MCAT for the first time and got a 19. I have some extracurc. (chem club, honor society for biology) and some volunteer experience. I have shadowed a pod surgeon and clinical podiatrist. Also, I did research sophomore year of college.

What are my chances with my low MCAT because I would really love to not take it again.

I think your chances are pretty good in my opinion. Your GPA probably will offset the low MCAT.

You have a very good chance of being accepted to ALL the podiatry schools. If you did not shadow several different podiatrists (at least 2 to 3), the admissions committee may or may not recommend you do so after you are given an acceptance letter in the mail. You will even recieve some form of academic scholarship for the 1st year of podiatry school.

But you should shadow several podiatrists ASAP. Very vital and important.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the same stats but a slightly higher MCAT and I have shadowing, what are my chances at Chicago's Podiatric school?

I have the same stats but a slightly higher MCAT and I have shadowing, what are my chances at Chicago's Podiatric school?

I would say that your chances of getting into Scholl College would be high especially being that you have the higher MCAT score. It is always advisable to apply as early as you can in the cycle. Goodluck to you!

You have a very good chance of being accepted to ALL the podiatry schools. If you did not shadow several different podiatrists (at least 2 to 3), the admissions committee may or may not recommend you do so after you are given an acceptance letter in the mail. You will even recieve some form of academic scholarship for the 1st year of podiatry school.

But you should shadow several podiatrists ASAP. Very vital and important.

How is he going to get scholarship money with a 19 mcat. Maybe a >23 and his/her current GPA = scholarship.

How is he going to get scholarship money with a 19 mcat. Maybe a >23 and his/her current GPA = scholarship.

Some schools only consider GPA when determining scholarship money. However, a good MCAT will always help your chances, especially if you are borderline for your GPA!

Some schools only consider GPA when determining scholarship money. However, a good MCAT will always help your chances, especially if you are borderline for your GPA!

especially if you apply early you should get in everywhere even with a 19.

take em again and get 24+ and you should get a pretty nice scholarship... something to think about.