Other what are my chances of matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will I match into a residency?

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CREATIVEdoc

Reaction score
Hello, I am an IMG with
step1-205/(1st attempt); step 2 CS-PASS (1st attempt); step 2ck- 215 (2nd attempt),
6yrs from graduation
Strong research and administrative experience
2.5 publications, 1award,
1 USCE, 5+ Observerships
Excellent LORs. excellent extracurriculars.
No sponsorship required.
I was in financial hardship, so I could not practice Uworld enough. Had family responsibilities as well.
Do I have a chance to any match in US? please suggest!
Any suggestions to make improvements are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It will be a little difficult if you may require a visa. But its not impossible. I have a similar profile, matched to a TY program this year. Continue research, stay positive and we will have better luck next year.

Also complete step 3. That's important for our range of scores.

It will be a little difficult if you may require a visa. But its not impossible. I have a similar profile, matched to a TY program this year. Continue research, stay positive and we will have better luck next year.

Also complete step 3. That's important for our range of scores.

Thank you so much for your response. I feel so much better. I do not require Visa. I will make sure get stellar scores on step 3. Did you take step 3 before matching? Any suggested programs?
I wish you all the best for your residency.
Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't have my step 3 and needed a visa. Apply widely. I have heard programs in Midwest and Northeast mostly consider IMGS. But I'd say applying wide and getting a good step 3 would significantly improve chances.

Hello, I am an IMG with
step1-205/(1st attempt); step 2 CS-PASS (1st attempt); step 2ck- 215 (2nd attempt),
6yrs from graduation
Strong research and administrative experience
2.5 publications, 1award,
1 USCE, 5+ Observerships
Excellent LORs. excellent extracurriculars.
No sponsorship required.
I was in financial hardship, so I could not practice Uworld enough. Had family responsibilities as well.
Do I have a chance to any match in US? please suggest!
Any suggestions to make improvements are welcome.

While technically not impossible, matching would be EXTREMELY challenging. Borderline step 1 with a repeat CK with another borderline score and six years post med school is a killer. Not sure on your observerships and recent clinical experience but being an IMG so far out from clinical medicine is going to be hard to overcome. Step 3 would be useful. Strong LOR are helpful and hopefully can attest for RECENT clinical experience. Obviously apply broadly, perhaps go to the national meetings for family med and try to network your way to some interviews. Best of luck.

While technically not impossible, matching would be EXTREMELY challenging. Borderline step 1 with a repeat CK with another borderline score and six years post med school is a killer. Not sure on your observerships and recent clinical experience but being an IMG so far out from clinical medicine is going to be hard to overcome. Step 3 would be useful. Strong LOR are helpful and hopefully can attest for RECENT clinical experience. Obviously apply broadly, perhaps go to the national meetings for family med and try to network your way to some interviews. Best of luck.

Thank you for the advice!