What are my chances once I get an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GokuxGON

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT 3 weeks ago and got verified Monday. Got an interview with Texas A&M COD today. Is there stats to see those percentages?

Members don't see this ad.

Took my DAT 3 weeks ago and got verified Monday. Got an interview with Texas A&M COD today. Is there stats to see those percentages?

somewhere between 0-100 percent
just do your best and trust the process...

Reactions: 1 user
I searched almost all over places. Nope there is no estimate at least for TAMU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each of the Texas schools interviews approximately 300 applicants, and they fill their classes with about 100 students. So going off of statistics alone, you have roughly a 1 in 3 shot of matriculating at a particular school after interviewing there. Now, not everyone who is accepted ends up attending that school, so your odds of getting accepted are actually a bit higher.

That being said, those odds are entirely theoretical. In reality, whether or not you get in depends largely on your performance during the interview. That's why nobody here can accurately tell you what your chances are, but I would venture to say that you've got a pretty decent shot just from interviewing. Focus your efforts on doing well, and have confidence in your chances. Good luck on your interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe TAMU interview around 250-300 as noted above.

They end up accepting about ~145 total after 40 or so students decline their offer. (Class size 105)

So it’s about 50% chance

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
How many do they interviw each week?

They end up accepting about ~145 total after 40 or so students decline their offer. (Class size 105)

So it’s about 50% chance

How many do they interviw each week?
I think it was 10 per session last year. Details are fuzzy.

So it’s about 50% chance
This is correct and about the same as the other Texas schools. Odds are good once you get an interview. Just don’t be weird ;p

Reactions: 2 users