what are my chances right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorwanabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA 3.9, MCAT 33, major in Biology, triple minor in Chemistry, psychology and Humanities, Volunteered in a private Diagnostics clinic my first summer in college, volunteered with ophthalmologists from USC to fight an eye disease called Retinopathy of Prematurity in Armenia my second summer in college, and have done a research on rats and published an article about oral taurine supplementation preventing light induced damage in the rats' eye retina during the third summer in college.... Please "professionally" evaluate these credentials and give me an advice...
P.S. I am an international student from Armenia, but my undergraduate degree is from Greensboro College, NC....Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

GPA 3.9, MCAT 33, major in Biology, triple minor in Chemistry, psychology and Humanities, Volunteered in a private Diagnostics clinic my first summer in college, volunteered with ophthalmologists from USC to fight an eye disease called Retinopathy of Prematurity in Armenia my second summer in college, and have done a research on rats and published an article about oral taurine supplementation preventing light induced damage in the rats' eye retina during the third summer in college.... Please "professionally" evaluate these credentials and give me an advice...
P.S. I am an international student from Armenia, but my undergraduate degree is from Greensboro College, NC....Thanks
Do you have a green card or will you soon? If not, do you have a source of funding that would allow you to put 1-4 years of med school tuition into an escrow account wherever you get accepted?

I would like to see some recent exposure to sick and injured people in a US clinical environment and some physician shadowing, ideally including a primary care physician. I am also missing leadership and/or teaching activities. Regular nonmedical community service that helps the poor would also benefit your application. But your stats so far look good, assuming balanced MCAT subscores, and the research is fine. The pub is terrific if in a regional or national journal. Don't forget to include hobbies, sports, and artistic endeavors.

If you have graduated, what are you doing now? What are your plans for the next year?