What are my chances/ school recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alaskan _Polarbear

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help with finding some dental schools that I might have a chance with. I listed all the experiences that will appear in my application as well as my gpa and DAT score. In addition, I have a committee letter from my university.

Date of submission: 2020 Cycle
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.2
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.2
DAT score (include AA and all sections): no score under 17
TS: 19
BIO(19) GEN(18) ORGO(20)
TA: 19 Math(18) Reading(22) Perception (19)
State of Residence: New York

Major: Psychology BA
Minor: Biology and Chemistry
First time applicant and will be applying 2020 cycle

Shadowing Experience:
General (150) Oral Surgery (100) Pediatric (320)
Volunteering Experience: Prospect Park Zoo (140)
Employment: Graduate School (342) & Biochemistry Dept. (200)
Research: Psychology (Schizophrenia) (280) & 1 published paper
Other Extracurricular: College Wind Ensemble (Flutist) (144) College Powerlifting Club (160) Jiu Jitsu Club (160) Pre-dental Society (60) USA Power-lifting Second Place for 43kg class Muay Thai (400 hours)

School list:
NYU
Stony Brook
University at Buffalo
University of Connecticut
Howard University
University of New England
Touro College
Tufts University
Rutgers
Boston University
Temple University
North Carolina Chapel Hill

Members don't see this ad.

Good school list so far, are you an URM? If not I would remove Howard, they pretty much exclusively accept URM applicants. I would also remove UNC, about 75% of the class is IS and OOS is fairly competitive. If you were to remove those 2 schools, that would leave you with 10. Look into some more schools within your range. Add LECOM it is a fairly cheap school. Other than that, look into other schools (they will be more expensive). I had same gpa but higher DAT (21) and applied to pretty much all the schools you applied too minus a couple and also applied to both MWU, both AT Stills, IU, and Western (giving me 15 total). Received interviews at IU, MWUAZ, MWUIL, Western, UNE, AT StillMO, and touro. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users