What are my chances/school suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kal995

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I plan on applying in the 2019 cycle, and I'm trying to get an idea of if/how competitive I am/could be. I've had a bit of a rocky road through school so far, but now that I have a clear goal, I have been doing much better (see last semester). I've put together a breakdown of my transcripts (not exactly an easy feat considering I've been to 3 schools) and my GPA calculations. I was hoping I would see a clearer upward trend, but I had a hard time in the fall moving to Hawaii/dealing with some major changes in my personal life.

I really think I can keep it together for the next 2 years (almost all of which will be science courses). I've been working on strengthening other parts of my application; I volunteer at a hospital and will start volunteering at a hospice organization soon. My goal is 400-500 clinical volunteer hours, and I am hoping to get another 200 non-clinical hours. I have yet to shadow any doctors, but I am aiming for 50 hours with 3-5 different doctors. For what it is worth, I am also working part-time, approximately 20 hours a week.

If I manage to pull 4.0 for the remainder of my time:
What are my chances?
Are there any particular schools that I should hone in on?
What kind of MCAT score do I need to be competitive?

Feel free to offer any suggestions on how to increase my chances. I'm feeling a little hopeless at this point.
5c22126a-957d-48a7-88ae-00a2ab0c4f7c
upload_2017-5-29_16-7-49.png

Members don't see this ad.