What are my chances so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WayneWilliamsPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a senior graduating that switched from Pre-PT to Pre-Med. During my Sophmore year I incurred some really bad grades whic were a result of familial and the passing of a loved one. Amongst those bad grades I earned a F in Cal twice and a C in Gen Chem 1 on my second try as I was intent on having a reason to leave school and come home.A fter that I earned a couple more C's but re-took all classes and earned an A. Sorry for the long post, So here are my stats:
MCAT: 28
UGPA: 3.6
SGPA: 3.51
URM: Black Male
Shadowing: 120 hours 30-Pathology,60- Family Medicine, 30-Physical Medicine and Rehab
Extracurriculars: Academic tutor 3 years, Student Assistant 2years, Impact Peer Mentor 2 years, Muscle Dystrophy Association counselor 2 years, Habitat for Humanity builder 2 years

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a senior graduating that switched from Pre-PT to Pre-Med. During my Sophmore year I incurred some really bad grades whic were a result of familial and the passing of a loved one. Amongst those bad grades I earned a F in Cal twice and a C in Gen Chem 1 on my second try as I was intent on having a reason to leave school and come home.A fter that I earned a couple more C's but re-took all classes and earned an A. Sorry for the long post, So here are my stats:
MCAT: 28
UGPA: 3.6
SGPA: 3.51
URM: Black Male
I plan to apply to DO Schools only.
Shadowing: 120 hours 30-Pathology,60- Family Medicine, 30-Physical Medicine and Rehab
Extracurriculars: Academic tutor 3 years, Student Assistant 2years, Impact Peer Mentor 2 years, Muscle Dystrophy Association counselor 2 years, Habitat for Humanity builder 2 years
**** I did 20 Post-Bacc hours at a 4.0 if that helps as well.

You are good to apply to any DO school in the country.

Also dont let the F in calc bother you. I had an F early on, then retook it and got a C, then tried to take Calc II and ended up with a W on my transcript (you can see a trend that I suck at calc huh haha?) and it was not brought up at a single interview. So long as your science courses are good (which yours are), your overall GPA is good (which it is), you did solid in your last couple of years in college (sounds like you did), your MCAT is good (which it is), and you have some other solid stuff to your application (which you do), then you will get interest from most schools. You look pretty solid. Apply to maybe around 10 schools (+/- 2 depending on the schools) and you will get in.