What Are My Chances? (Sophomore)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sjlucas15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm a sophomore student at a private college that is a well known science/pre-professional undergraduate school. I'm just curious to whatever constructed criticism you guys have to offer. I understand that it is still early to really know what my chances are, but if you can tell me anything to truly focus on, I'd appreciate it!

Ethnicity: White- live in the Midwest
cGPA: 3.3 (Freshman: 3.1, projected Sophomore: 3.7) I feel like I have a good footing for increasing my GPA as of now. I had 2 C's in the first semester of freshman year, general art/painting class and a random general government class.
sGPA: 3.5
MCAT: Will take next spring

Research:
spoke with Genetics professor about doing research next summer (projected 500ish hours?)
Clinical Experience: PCA in Cardiology Dept. (will have >3000 hours at time of applying)
Shadow Experience: 50 hours shadowing ER doc (I've seen on SDN that anything more is sorta useless?)
Clinical Volunteering: 100 hours in orthopedic surg rehab
Nonclinical Volunteering: ~100 hours doing small projects

Honestly, tell me what you guys think about MD or DO school! Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.