Jan 24, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys Im planning on applying next cycle as soon as the apps are open!!

Degree is Biology
My BCP is 3.23
Science GPA is 3.31
Non Science 3.65
Overall 3.43

My DAT scores are PAT 22, QR 19, RC 24 , BIO 19, GC 19, OC 20, TS 19 , AA 20
I have a good letters from my Science Professor and Dentist and 1 Okay one from a science ( Ill try to get another to replace that one).

I shadowed my local dentist, I volunteered at a couple places and did a lot of mission trips/volunteering.
I just started working as a Medical Bill Auditor M-F so doing anymore shadowing is kinda out of the question during the week. Looking for some dental opportunities to volunteer at on Saturdays.

So what do you guys think my chances are? I was planning on doing a 1 year post bacc at Midwestern but it just seems so expensive.

gn4

5+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2013
Status
Dental Student
apply broadly and early and you are good to go.

Dec 21, 2012
Status
I second this.
3rd :)

Your application looks a lot like mine, I'd apply to around 10-15 schools. Your stats should get you a few interviews :)

Longcatislong

7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys Im planning on applying next cycle as soon as the apps are open!!

Degree is Biology
My BCP is 3.23
Science GPA is 3.31
Non Science 3.65
Overall 3.43

My DAT scores are PAT 22, QR 19, RC 24 , BIO 19, GC 19, OC 20, TS 19 , AA 20
I have a good letters from my Science Professor and Dentist and 1 Okay one from a science ( Ill try to get another to replace that one).

I shadowed my local dentist, I volunteered at a couple places and did a lot of mission trips/volunteering.
I just started working as a Medical Bill Auditor M-F so doing anymore shadowing is kinda out of the question during the week. Looking for some dental opportunities to volunteer at on Saturdays.

So what do you guys think my chances are? I was planning on doing a 1 year post bacc at Midwestern but it just seems so expensive.
I will second what others already told you: apply broadly and apply early! You certainly have a chance. Everyone has a chance.

My stats are very similar to yous, but you have higher DAT scores it looks like. Here's my advice: start collecting your letters of rec now! Sign up for Interfolio and have your writers send everything there. That way, once June 1st rolls around you won't have that part done. Also, start your personal statement early, have it edited by your friends, teachers, and others whom you trust. Have it compeleted before June 1st. Now, On June 1st, when the application opens all you have to do is have Interfolio send your rec letters, request transcritps from your colleges and fill in the app.

It's hard to say for sure, but I think applying early made all the difference for me this cycle. I applied to 20 schools, went on 4 pre-dec interviews and have been accepted at two. Had I applied late, who know what would have happened!?

OP
J
Jan 24, 2012
Status
Pre-Dental
Cool thanks guys, it seems the general consensus is to apply early! I was planning on applying the first day it opens!
Just have to decide how many schools i can afford to apply too.. better start saving up haha :eek:

LaughingGas

7+ Year Member
May 17, 2010
Status
Dental Student, Dentist
estimate about 150 in average per school (including supplementary) and save some money for interviews as well, I would say 700 per school.