What are my chances to be a Pharm.D.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxPlacebo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been wanting to go to pharmacy school for quite sometime now. I applied a year or two after I graduated from college back in 01' 0r 02' and actually landed an interview at U. of Maryland ended up 13 on the waitlist...
The other schools I applied to I was either missing prereq's or I flat out got denied i.e. UCSF...

My stats are ever more unimpressive as pharmacy school gets ever more competitive!

School: University of California, Santa Barbara
Major: Biological Sciences

UcumulativeGPA: 3.01
UmathGPA: 3.7
UscienceGPA: 2.7 (i got a plethora of C's my senior year from stupidity)

After applying to pharmacy school and not making the cut I went back into the workforce in the biotech industry and worked for several years. Last year I applied and got accepted to a M.S. in Biotechnology program at Johns Hopkins University in which I'm working hard to get all A's.

So far, I'm about half-way through I have a 4.0 GPA
I got A's in Biochem, Molec Bio, Cell Bio etc.

I'm thinking of reapplying for pharmacy school for fall of 08' after I take microbio w/lab, economics, anat & phys at some CC and hopefully get A's.

I hope that if finish my M.S. in Biotechnology at Hopkins wih close to, if not a 4.0 and take my remaining prereq's and get A's at a CC hopefully I will have a shot in 08'...

As far as the PCAT I scored in the ~90th percentile the first time I took it, but I believe most schools require I take it within the past 1-2 years so I am planning on retaking it in Jan of 07'.
Hopefully, I will be able to repeat a score in the 90+ percentile

If everything falls into place what do you guys think my chances are?

Also, I'm planning to volunteer at a pharmacy prior to applying in 08' to get experience and increase my chances...

Any feedback recommendations appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

RxPlacebo said:
Hi guys I've been wanting to go to pharmacy school for quite sometime now. I applied a year or two after I graduated from college back in 01' 0r 02' and actually landed an interview at U. of Maryland ended up 13 on the waitlist...
The other schools I applied to I was either missing prereq's or I flat out got denied i.e. UCSF...

My stats are ever more unimpressive as pharmacy school gets ever more competitive!

School: University of California, Santa Barbara
Major: Biological Sciences

UcumulativeGPA: 3.01
UmathGPA: 3.7
UscienceGPA: 2.7 (i got a plethora of C's my senior year from stupidity)

After applying to pharmacy school and not making the cut I went back into the workforce in the biotech industry and worked for several years. Last year I applied and got accepted to a M.S. in Biotechnology program at Johns Hopkins University in which I'm working hard to get all A's.

So far, I'm about half-way through I have a 4.0 GPA
I got A's in Biochem, Molec Bio, Cell Bio etc.

I'm thinking of reapplying for pharmacy school for fall of 08' after I take microbio w/lab, economics, anat & phys at some CC and hopefully get A's.

I hope that if finish my M.S. in Biotechnology at Hopkins wih close to, if not a 4.0 and take my remaining prereq's and get A's at a CC hopefully I will have a shot in 08'...

As far as the PCAT I scored in the ~90th percentile the first time I took it, but I believe most schools require I take it within the past 1-2 years so I am planning on retaking it in Jan of 07'.
Hopefully, I will be able to repeat a score in the 90+ percentile

If everything falls into place what do you guys think my chances are?

Also, I'm planning to volunteer at a pharmacy prior to applying in 08' to get experience and increase my chances...

Any feedback recommendations appreciated! :)

i think you will definitely make it into a pharmacy school :) it might not be UCSF but you will get in! gluck with everything!

also, write a strong personal statement!