What are my chances? UGA, NC State, Iowa State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cl10239

Reaction score
Hi! l just applied for the 1st time this cycle to UGA (my IS), NC State and Iowa State. l graduated this December with 2 degrees: Animal Science and Biological Science. l am hoping to go into large animal but am also keeping an open mind. l am trying to be realistic of my chances of getting in my first try!
My Stats:
Science Gpa: 3.65
Cumulative gpa: 3.82
Last 45 gpa: 3.95

Vet Hours-
~800 large animal
~400 small animal

Research-
~400 hours (muscle and meat biology)
Animal Experience-
~30 hours human society (this is my weakest area)

Other-
~100 hours Community service
~300 hours Vice President of my sorority
~800 hours Server at a local restaurant
~75 hours other various agriculture clubs

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You're average or above average in general for a vet student (nationally, unsure for those specific schools). Don't forget to add any other employment history. Add everything.

I presume you've done the VMSAR comparison.

Did you complete the GRE and have your official scores? You're definitely in range for your schools, though you might not be given immediate attention unless you submit an early application.

What's the status of your eLOR's?

Members don't see this ad :)
though you might not be given immediate attention unless you submit an early application.
The majority of vet schools do not do rolling admissions and wait until after the application closes to assess applications. Turning in the application in June vs September doesn't affect the chance of admission in vet med.

Reactions: 1 user
Any update on your admission status? We have very similar stats and so I was just curious!! Best of luck!