MD & DO What are my chances? Unbalanced MCAT score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocolatethunder

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't sugar coat this....I'd reject you outright for that Bio score. Didn't you learn anything?

Is a 123 lethal in any MCAT section or is it because its a science section. I've gotten 125-127 in bio section on practice exams, must have been a fluke this time. Do you recommend I retake?

Is a 123 lethal in any MCAT section or is it because its a science section. I've gotten 125-127 in bio section on practice exams, must have been a fluke this time. Do you recommend I retake?
CARS gets cut the most slack...different people have their other pet subsections, but Bio is considered the most important.

I strongly recommend a retake, but only when you are 100% ready.

Reactions: 1 user
CARS gets cut the most slack...different people have their other pet subsections, but Bio is considered the most important.

If I apply broadly to D.O. do you think most will immediately screen me out for the same reason? I don't mind retaking but I have personal circumstances that will make it hard for me to do so.

No, I think that you'll get IIs... what happens after that is 100% on you.

I'm gonna try to go for it. I know it's a huge reach and a risk for re-apps but I need to try to go for it now, even if there is a small chance. Can't delve into the reasons beyond that. Can you recommend any DO/MD schools I should aim for with my stats?

If you told me there's 0 chance, I would obviously retake.

All DO schools, except CCOM, the coastal Touros, and AZCOM. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Do your homework and check admissions pages of each DO you're interested in. Some may have a stated minimum for MCAT subscores.

Reactions: 1 user
All DO schools, except CCOM, the coastal Touros, and AZCOM. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Do your homework and check admissions pages of each DO you're interested in. Some may have a stated minimum for MCAT subscores.

Will do Goro, thanks for the advice! Any reason to submit AMCAS at all, at this point?

You need to retake.. if you can score a 129 in C/P then you should be able to pull at least a 127 in Bio. Focus on taking lots of practice FLs. You have a ton of ECs with thousands of hours, I think you deserve better.