What are my chances? Where should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EHFM39

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I'm looking for some input on schools to apply to ...

General
-CA resident
-Undergrad at McGill University - bachelors of science in agriculture and environmental science
-cGPA = 3.5, sGPA = 3.6, MCAT 28

Extra's
- 1 year research experience - 2 publications pending (one second and one third author)
- 2 summers shadowing orthopedic surgeons
- 2 summers volunteering in hospital recovery unit
- 3 years tutoring calc I/II and Organic Chemistry
- EMT abroad for 6 months
- on the executive of a student club for 3 years
- 2 very strong LOR's and a third that is a bit generic
- 4 summers working as a barista ... not sure of the relevance but it happened haha
- other various volunteer experiences
- experienced and avid rock climber .. makes me interesting?

I'm a california resident but my gpa/scores are too low for any UC school - is it worth applying to MD programs or should I stick to DO's?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For MD programs aim at low tiers like Rosy Franklin, NYMC, and any of the newest programs. You're fine for any DO program.

Hey everyone, this is my first post here and I'm looking for some input on schools to apply to ...

General
-CA resident
-Undergrad at McGill University - bachelors of science in agriculture and environmental science
-cGPA = 3.5, sGPA = 3.6, MCAT 28

Extra's
- 1 year research experience - 2 publications pending (one second and one third author)
- 2 summers shadowing orthopedic surgeons
- 3 years tutoring calc I/II and Organic Chemistry
- EMT abroad for 6 months
- on the executive of a student club for 3 years
- 2 very strong LOR's and a third that is a bit generic
- 4 summers working as a barista ... not sure of the relevance but it happened haha
- other various volunteer experiences
- experienced and avid rock climber .. makes me interesting?

I'm a california resident but my gpa/scores are too low for any UC school - is it worth applying to MD programs or should I stick to DO's?

Thanks!