What are my chances? Which D.O. schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GT2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Okay, I am terrible with forums. Accidentally posted this in the MD section. Can someone please move to the DO section (or tell me how to do so)?

Okay, I am terrible with forums. Accidentally posted this in the MD section. Can someone please move to the DO section (or tell me how to do so)?

If you get >30 on the MCAT, you should be fine if you apply early and broadly to a fair amount of low-mid tier MD schools. That being said, if you want to throw in some DO schools, look for ones that are well established or affiliated with a good state institution, like MSU, OSU, etc. Really you have your pick of DO schools if you get a 28+ on the MCAT, so look at the ones that are in areas you like with well established/known programs. There's only like 37 schools, so it should be easy to pick 5 of them.

Your stats look good for DO as the above poster said. The trend in your MCAT score look good also. MSU is definitely worth a look, as is OSU. Keep us posted. There's a list of mid-tier MD schools that you should look into as well.