Quantcast

MD What are my chances with these schools?

Free Sample Essays
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow extremely nice numbers...

Reactions: 1 user

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your "other" list is fine though the Texas schools accept few non residents but your stats are good enough to be one of those non residents accepted. You could add VCU .

kcice22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Your "other" list is fine though the Texas schools accept few non residents but your stats are good enough to be one of those non residents accepted. You could add VCU .
The only reason I applied to Texas schools is because I am doing my undergrad in Texas. Slim chance but figured filling out one more app couldn't hurt! Thanks, and any other suggestions?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The only reason I applied to Texas schools is because I am doing my undergrad in Texas. Slim chance but figured filling out one more app couldn't hurt! Thanks, and any other suggestions?
These are additional schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
Tufts
Boston University
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Tulane

kcice22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are additional schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
Tufts
Boston University
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Tulane
I was considering Einstein, as well. I think you just helped me decide I'll apply there. I appreciate the help!!

GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have a very good chance at your state achools. I would apply to them and focus on OOS schools you would strongly consider turning down for that IS tuition. If that means applying top heavy OOS so be it no point applying to the VCUs of the world when your odds IS are very good if you wouldn't strongly consider turning down your state achool for them

kcice22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
You have a very good chance at your state achools. I would apply to them and focus on OOS schools you would strongly consider turning down for that IS tuition. If that means applying top heavy OOS so be it no point applying to the VCUs of the world when your odds IS are very good if you wouldn't strongly consider turning down your state achool for them
Mizzou, SLU, and Wash U are definitely at the top of the list. However, Wash U is ridiculously competitive, private, and doesn't have to accept a certain number of IS. SLU is also private and doesn't have to accept a certain number of IS. UMKC's medical term actually starts in January, so I would have to wait until next year to apply there. Really the only IS school that accepts a large number of IS residents is Mizzou. Because of this, I am applying to a lot of other private and OOS schools that accept large number of OOS. So hopefully I'll get in at Mizzou!