?What are my chances with these stats? Am I taking my MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmputrus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.55 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA. I plan on applying to 18 MD (15 from FAP) and 5 DO.
  • I am an officer for American Medical Student Association (do such incredible things like Science Club with elementary school kids). Approx. 200 hours volunteer work
  • I am VP for Feed My Starving Children (approx. 50 hours volunteer)
  • 50+ Hours of shadowing an MD (plan to do DO)
  • 100+ hospital volunteer hours
  • Over 200 hours in clinical research + got promoted to lead multiple meetings and smaller studies.
  • I have a strong personal statement (primary caretaker for my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's)
  • 4 LORs from professor, 1 from an Advisor, 1 from my PI, and 1 from the MD/PA I shadowed.
My question is this: I am planning on taking my MCAT May 14th, receiving my results June 14th. Would this hurt my application at all submitting it a week after it opens? Would the late submission of my primaries hurt me in anyway? With all the stuff I have, what would my chances be if I submit primaries june 14th. I start a in person KAPLAN course next week until mar. 26th and planning on doing practice exams from there on.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
CatFacePalm.PNG

This should probably be in WAMC. You're neurotic and this will not hurt your chances.

You are competitive for MD schools, and all DO.

MCAT will make or break you.

Always best to have a very strategic list when applying.

I have a 3.55 cGPA, 3.52 sGPA. I plan on applying to 18 MD (15 from FAP) and 5 DO.
  • I am an officer for American Medical Student Association (do such incredible things like Science Club with elementary school kids). Approx. 200 hours volunteer work
  • I am VP for Feed My Starving Children (approx. 50 hours volunteer)
  • 50+ Hours of shadowing an MD (plan to do DO)
  • 100+ hospital volunteer hours
  • Over 200 hours in clinical research + got promoted to lead multiple meetings and smaller studies.
  • I have a strong personal statement (primary caretaker for my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's)
  • 4 LORs from professor, 1 from an Advisor, 1 from my PI, and 1 from the MD/PA I shadowed.
My question is this: I am planning on taking my MCAT May 14th, receiving my results June 14th. Would this hurt my application at all submitting it a week after it opens? Would the late submission of my primaries hurt me in anyway? With all the stuff I have, what would my chances be if I submit primaries june 14th. I start a in person KAPLAN course next week until mar. 26th and planning on doing practice exams from there on.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for MD schools, and all DO.

MCAT will make or break you.

Always best to have a very strategic list when applying.
Thanks! I did my FAP and got MSAR. Very helpful. Idk being pre-med people are constantly trying to sike you out and you are always comparing yourself to others. Stressssful stuff.

The only person you should be comparing yourself to is yourself. The vast majority of your pre-med peers will not become doctors, btw.

When you have your list, let us know!

Thanks! I did my FAP and got MSAR. Very helpful. Idk being pre-med people are constantly trying to sike you out and you are always comparing yourself to others. Stressssful stuff.