what are my chances with this GPA? PLZ Help..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bok873

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non-Science: 3.44
Science: 3.04
Overall: 3.27

Is it worth applying if I can get a decent score(~21-23) on the DATto those of dental schools only on the north east? Like NYU,Stonybrook, buffalo, columbia, tufts.... and temple?

Please help, I have been standing on the crossroads...

Members don't see this ad.

Is it worth applying if I can get a decent score(~21-23) on the DATto those of dental schools only on the north east? Like NYU,Stonybrook, buffalo, columbia, tufts.... and temple?

A number of other factors have to be taken into account. What's your state residency? How much extracurricular/volunteer hours do you have? Overall, it's kind of late in the game for this year, specially if you haven't already taken your DAT's. I would suggest work hard on a post-grad this year and study for your DAT's and apply next year early. Try to get that science GPA up a little bit. I think you would have a decent shot this year with your current gpa and a 21-23 if you had applied earlier. Then again, you can give it a shot if money's not a factor for this year. Best of luck to you!!

I would wait if I were you. Boost up that gpa as much as you can before May. Print off the application for the 2008 cycle now and pepare your application and personal statement before the next cycle. You should be able to copy and paste everything for next cycle. You'll most likely get in, just be in the mindset that May 15th is the last day to turn in your application.

As of right now, your late and you should save your money. I met someone the other day who applied around this time with a 3.6 overall and a 21 DAT and failed to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
applying early is key, the application process is going to cost you around 1000 dollars, I don't quite think its worth it to apply now unless you have a 3.7+

Thank you so much for your advice ! I made up my mind today to commit myself into studying for DAT!
I hope to see all of us one day as dentists!!

Thank you all very very much !!!

I'm pretty sure USC would take you; don't discard USC, I'm pretty sure they'll take you in