Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

What are my chances

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by mhb2134, 05.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. mhb2134

mhb2134

Pre-Medical
    I am going to be a senior at VCU and was wondering if I should apply this cycle or wait a year and enhance my application. I have a 3.4 GPA and am planning on taking my first MCAT this august. I have been studying nonstop to make up for the low GPA. I have interned with the sports medicine dept. the past 2 years and have 200+ hours volunteering and shadowing doctors. Also where would be the best places for me to apply. I really want to go to a school in America and do MD rather than DO. If I do take that year off, what are the best things for me to do to make my application look better?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lmn

lmn 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Your MCAT is too late for this cycle. Continue with your EC's/work and apply next year at the beginning of the cycle.

gyngyn likes this.
  4. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Raise the GPA to > 3.5. Enlist in the military. Ace the MCAT. You have currently more avenues to success via DO schools than MD.

If I do take that year off, what are the best things for me to do to make my application look better?

About the ads