What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhb2134

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be a senior at VCU and was wondering if I should apply this cycle or wait a year and enhance my application. I have a 3.4 GPA and am planning on taking my first MCAT this august. I have been studying nonstop to make up for the low GPA. I have interned with the sports medicine dept. the past 2 years and have 200+ hours volunteering and shadowing doctors. Also where would be the best places for me to apply. I really want to go to a school in America and do MD rather than DO. If I do take that year off, what are the best things for me to do to make my application look better?

Members don't see this ad.

Your MCAT is too late for this cycle. Continue with your EC's/work and apply next year at the beginning of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Raise the GPA to > 3.5. Enlist in the military. Ace the MCAT. You have currently more avenues to success via DO schools than MD.

If I do take that year off, what are the best things for me to do to make my application look better?