What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacystudent92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you take PCAT? What are your volunteer activities? Do you work in a pharmacy? Where are you applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your volunteer/work experiences are strong and will make up for your GPA as long as you do OK in your remaining pre-reqs and on your PCAT.
As you've likely heard, orgo, biochem and calc are significantly harder than other undergrad courses. Be careful and don't overburden yourself with a heavy courseload or full-time work while taking them.

What are my chances of getting in pharmacy school with a cum gpa of 3.2 ?

There are more things that a pharmacy school looks at than just a cGPA. They will also look at sGPA, PCAT, extracurriculars, experience, recommendation letters, honors....etc. I was able to score an interview with the only school that I applied to with only a 3.01 cGPA, although my sGPA was a 3.5. Other areas of my application were stronger to bring up my lower cGPA and PCAT scores. They will look at GPA and PCAT scores, but they want to see how well rounded of an applicant you are.

Your volunteer/work experiences are strong and will make up for your GPA as long as you do OK in your remaining pre-reqs and on your PCAT.
As you've likely heard, orgo, biochem and calc are significantly harder than other undergrad courses. Be careful and don't overburden yourself with a heavy courseload or full-time work while taking them.[/QUO

Thanks for your advice. Hopefully it all works out.