GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status
Non-Student
Come back when you have an MCAT score. But even as a URM a 3.0 BCPM is on the low side of things. The higher you can get on your MCAT the better. If iy means waiting longer to prep then that would be a very wise decision on your part. Your best shot at MDs will be the HBMC's and your state program(I guess U of Wash in your case) but ideally you definitely want to aim for more than a 500.

If you could take some more upper level science courses or some form of post-bacc work that would also really help your cause.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
100% agree with my astute soon-to-be young colleague.

Come back when you have an MCAT score. But even as a URM a 3.0 BCPM is on the low side of things. The higher you can get on your MCAT the better. If iy means waiting longer to prep then that would be a very wise decision on your part. Your best shot at MDs will be the HBMC's and your state program(I guess U of Wash in your case) but ideally you definitely want to aim for more than a 500.

If you could take some more upper level science courses or some form of post-bacc work that would also really help your cause.